• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FOS and Spectrum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOS and Spectrum

Complained to FOS about SPECTRUM and it took them 9 months to tell me that they do not regulate them. Suggesting I I complain to Home - Finance Leasing Association
    They got back to me n said they don't regulate them either.

Anyone any other ideas?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Re: FOS and Spectrum

Originally posted by frisp View Post
    Complained to FOS about SPECTRUM and it took them 9 months to tell me that they do not regulate them. Suggesting I I complain to Home - Finance Leasing Association
    They got back to me n said they don't regulate them either.

Anyone any other ideas?
    Have you complained to Spectrum and what have they written back to you about the organisation to contact if you are unhappy with the resolution of the complaint?

Comment

Their complaints process is a joke and the OFT already admonished them over this. Hence my complaints to the fos and fla
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

So who regulates them?

Comment

I have no idea, as they have a credit license I can complain to the OFT and if they get enough complaints they'll investigate, chocolate fireguard time again

Comment

I have no idea, as they have a credit license I can complain to the OFT and if they get enough complaints they'll investigate, chocolate fireguard time again
            For the love of God, how much stuff would you like to be spoonfed?
            You SHOULD know better and you ARE better than this crap you are posting.
            Can you post up the stuff you have on spectrum so I can do the leg work for you?

Comment

Dear NAtmeister

1. I have used SPECTRUMS complaint process to its ultimate and useless end, they pointed me at the FOS.
              2. I complained to the FOS for them to take 6mths to tell me that they couldn't investigate as my complaint fell outside their start date for investigating stuff like this. They suggested the FLA.
              3. The FLA said that SPECTRUM do not fall under their bailiwick for investigation
              4. I ask the OFT who regulates this company they have come back and asked me to fill in one of their forms and if they get enough complaints they may commence an investigation which they may or may not ask for my help.
              5. I do not need spoon fed, as you have suggested, I have done everything I think reasonable to get an organisation to own my complaint but it would appear that there is no one that does.

I either resort to the courts, which I can't afford, or I write it off, which is what I'm being forced to do unless someone can tell me who else I can approach with my complaint.

I don't want your help unless you can be more pleasant and less irascible please don't offer it again until you've replaced your grumpy teddy bear head with one more agreeable.

This thread is about how useless the FOS is they've given me their final word end of. In other words do one mate.

Comment

Dear NAtmeister

1. I have used SPECTRUMS complaint process to its ultimate and useless end, they pointed me at the FOS.
                2. I complained to the FOS for them to take 6mths to tell me that they couldn't investigate as my complaint fell outside their start date for investigating stuff like this. They suggested the FLA.
                3. The FLA said that SPECTRUM do not fall under their bailiwick for investigation
                4. I ask the OFT who regulates this company they have come back and asked me to fill in one of their forms and if they get enough complaints they may commence an investigation which they may or may not ask for my help.
                5. I do not need spoon fed, as you have suggested, I have done everything I think reasonable to get an organisation to own my complaint but it would appear that there is no one that does.

I either resort to the courts, which I can't afford, or I write it off, which is what I'm being forced to do unless someone can tell me who else I can approach with my complaint.

I don't want your help unless you can be more pleasant and less irascible please don't offer it again until you've replaced your grumpy teddy bear head with one more agreeable.

This thread is about how useless the FOS is they've given me their final word end of. In other words do one mate.

I'll come back to point 5 in a second if my hunch is right.

http://www.spectrumfinancialgroup.co...contactUs.aspx

Is the above them?

If yes then read the small print: they are connected to Newcastle Building Society who are indeed registered under their name.

Can I ask if you have queried the FOS not taking the case since the registration number is the same for Newcastle Building Society.

If I'm wrong I'll further but I keep telling people on forum that we need more info.
                Is their Head Office in Chester?
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                Is this one?(which will prove difficult but not impossible

Spectrum - Financial Services for Personal and Corporate Financial Planning
                Last edited by natweststaffmember; 26th April 2010, 18:55:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Buckley Stephens - The Office of Fair Trading

ASA - ASA Adjudication on Buckley Stephens Co. Ltd

This is SPECTRUM Financial, I've filled in the OFT complaint form and will write to SPECTRUM again stating as the FOS is not the regulator as they have suggested then who is and see where I get from there.

Thanks for your help sport, as this is not a FOS prob anymore I'll start a new thread

Comment

Are they trading anymore as a financial services provider?

What exactly did they provide to you?

I can now see how difficult it is to find information but I am digging.

Comment

They were the ones I went to in 2004 when my debts got out of hand and needed managing, this was way before I discovered first CAG and then LB.

While I was them they failed to keep up with the responses to my creditors and one of them eventually got fed up with SPECTRUM and took me to court (again before CAG and LB)SPECTRUM just admit responsibility on your behalf and I got a CCJ.

Of cse if this happened after seeing the CAG and LB light I wouldn't be waiting for 6 yrs to get my CCJ oof my record.

Basically they screwed up and I'm trying to claw back all the management (£28) fees I paid them over 18mths so I need some one to take up my complaint.

Comment

They were the ones I went to in 2004 when my debts got out of hand and needed managing, this was way before I discovered first CAG and then LB.

While I was them they failed to keep up with the responses to my creditors and one of them eventually got fed up with SPECTRUM and took me to court (again before CAG and LB)SPECTRUM just admit responsibility on your behalf and I got a CCJ.

Of cse if this happened after seeing the CAG and LB light I wouldn't be waiting for 6 yrs to get my CCJ oof my record.

Basically they screwed up and I'm trying to claw back all the management (£28) fees I paid them over 18mths so I need some one to take up my complaint.

Hmmm, this is a tough one isn't it. Have you simply written to them and asked one question: Who has regulated you since 2004 until 2010?

Comment

I used these people in 2005, I paid over £1600 in 4 installments to them and sent Postal Orders to them each week, it was to an address in Keighley. I was told that I had entered into an IVA, still have their paperwork, but sadly not the postal order receipts. I had 12 creditors at the time and was told they would be able to get me a massive 70% knocked of the balance. I paid for nearly 2 years and never heard a thing from anyone, I rang Spectrum when I thought enough money was paid off, but never got a call back or letter confirming the debts were clear. So I stopped paying them and never heard anymore till last week when a DCA rings my parents house, they are asking for quite a large amount. I am going to access my credit file but would like to know that if I pay by my bank card, are my new details put on the credit search? I have a nasty feeling that there could be more debt outstanding.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X