• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help with CCJ registered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with CCJ registered

Hi its me again bekks30

I am enquiring about some help for my little sis she recived a ccj against her for over £2000. It has been registered at my mothers home address where my sis does not live nor has ever lived.
    It is relating to outstanding rent for her previuos property, she and her family moved out of the property on the end lease date, they had an outstanding balance of around £550. They had all intention of paying it but due to finacial issues wasn't able to straight away. The landlord only called her once relating to the balance and she informed him she could pay it off in small amounts, but they never came to a aggrement about it.
    A few months ago A debt recovery company wrote to mother demanding she pay the owed rent which they said was £1200. I simply called them and set them write relating to my mothers responsibilty which is none, as she was their garantee for the first year only. they stayed on after the first year and she never resigned as their garantour. My mother never heard anything from them again.
    My sis never never recived any letters from the debt recovery company, or calls from them or the landlord.
    We would like some advise on how we can dispute the ccj claim amount as she has all records relating to the property. she admits they owe money for rent but it is only £550.

thanks for any advise given
    Last edited by bekks30; 14th April 2010, 15:58:PM.

Re: help with CCJ registered

I know someone out there can advise me or point me in the right direction please help!
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    I know someone out there can advise or point me in the right direction please help!
    Last edited by bekks30; 17th April 2010, 10:24:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

can you post their particulars of claim and your defence please?

Comment

We dont know the landlord has got so such a large amount of money oweing. They never recived any letters from the debt recovery company that wrote my mother and only recived a CCJ from the local courts . There defence is that they dispute the amount owed and can prove what they owed at there time of leaving, also they wasn't directly contacted concerning the debt. and the ccj has
        also been registered at my mothers home ,they donot live there. What should they do?

Comment

What did the POC state to justify the money owing?

Did they receive a letter before the claim was filed at court, indicating what they were trying to collect?

To get advice here you need to provide all the details including a timeline of all the things that happened in order. Without the full details its impossible to advise because each case is different and we don't know what's happened.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X