• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Citcard Transfer of cards to CC Asset Management Limited:further information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citcard Transfer of cards to CC Asset Management Limited:further information

Have received letter from CitiCards who are transferring account to CC Asset Management Limited. After calling them and searching for details I have the following information.
    1) It's an American Company
    2) Here are their registration details in Ireland
    Details of Registration - Data Protection Commissioner - Ireland
    Have yet to find them registered with the ICO at the moment.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Further information here:
    Slaughter and May - SAV Credit - Acquisition of Citi card portfolio in the UK
    Last edited by natweststaffmember; 14th April 2010, 12:44:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Citcard Transfer of cards to CC Asset Management Limited:further information

I am a Citi Card holder on a permanent rate until debt repayed of 4.9%. I received a communication today from Opus giving the terms of the transfer of Citi Cards to them on 21.11.10. This quotes an astonishing interest rate of 34.4% after transfer and is silent on the position of Citi card-holders on contractual permanent special interest rates.

Attempts to speak to Opus on the telephone number quoted is met by a curt message saying you can't talk to them until after 21 November!! So it's not possib;e to c;arofy the situation.

Is anyone else in thsi position or has further information?

Comment

Re: Citcard Transfer of cards to CC Asset Management Limited:further information

Originally posted by bloomsie View Post
      I am a Citi Card holder on a permanent rate until debt repayed of 4.9%. I received a communication today from Opus giving the terms of the transfer of Citi Cards to them on 21.11.10. This quotes an astonishing interest rate of 34.4% after transfer and is silent on the position of Citi card-holders on contractual permanent special interest rates.

Attempts to speak to Opus on the telephone number quoted is met by a curt message saying you can't talk to them until after 21 November!! So it's not possib;e to c;arofy the situation.

Is anyone else in thsi position or has further information?
      Yes, pretty much exactly the same although my rate hike is not as outrageous - a mere 22.9%! - I think I am going to suspend the card and treat it as a repayment only. On repayment going to close it down. i have no use for cards that high.

Comment

A lot of their cards have been sent to Opus Cards and the interest rate hiked up by about 4%. To be honest, I shut my account with them because the rate of interest was ridiculous and I started getting junk mail from Monument which have horrific rates as well.
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X