• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Selling old mobiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling old mobiles

I have a few old mobiles and I wondered if anyone has used one of the advertised places to sell them to. I would just like to know the procedure and any pitfalls if there any.
    Thanks Enaid x

Re: Selling old mobiles

Ebay?
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      I have a few old mobiles and I wondered if anyone has used one of the advertised places to sell them to. I would just like to know the procedure and any pitfalls if there any.
      Thanks Enaid x
      I haven't but did look at one of them a while back - unfortunately, cant remember what phone it was, but they offered me £2.50.

It therefere sits in the draw as a spare one.

Comment

there's a few different ones, I think the last one I sold was through the Post Office site,which was good as they send you a text and you just go and pick up the cash from the Post Office. The website is www.simplydrop.co.uk If you search "mobile phone recycling" or similar on google it throws up quite a few, there's a couple of comparison sites too. Prices offered will vary from site to site. There's www.mazumamobile.com and www.fonebank.com and www.envirofone.com who are all reputable. I've used a couple but tbh can't remember which ones - but obviously it would have been whichever one offered the most dosh for the phones in question, lol. All of them will either send you a pack to put yopur phone in and send off, or you can print your own label, pack the phone yourself and send it off, which is the quicker way as that means you don't have to wait for them to send you the pack for you to send it to them in.

Older phones won't be worth a lot, because mobile phones chnage and new models are brought out all the time, obviously the more up to date, the more it will be worth. But if you aren't ever going to use it again, you might as well take what you can get, even if it is only £2.50, cos it's worth sod all just sitting in a drawer, isn't it?
        Is no longer here

Comment

Most major cell phone carriers, including Sprint and Verizon have cell phone recycling programs that allow you to either drop off your old cell phone at a store, or mail it in (with a pre-paid envelope from the carrier).
          mobile phone recycling

Comment

If they are older phones and are functioning well, it may well be worth investigating Ebay as there is a booming market in retro mobiles at the moment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X