• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Packaged Account Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Packaged Account Fees

A draft letter being done, have tried clearing the misunderstandings on the letter, for one we never had the welcome pack until a few months after the account was upgraded by Lloyds and nor was any loans taken out at the time of the upgrades, where she states that was probably why we upgraded.
    Also cleared the matter about us saying we knew about the fee, she missed the part where we only knew the fee cost because of statements, but not at the time and the fee back then was the same as the fee free account at £8 per month, so the same monthly payments continued and the fact that the bank had informed us that upgrades was standard practice and no matter what account we have they will all be charging, looked into this a bit deeper, its my last chance.

I realise they may not agree when it comes to the preferential rates, but if the ombudsman could meet me in the middle and take on the facts of why we first complained on unsuitable products that we could not use etc.....

Having it checked through by another in case I missed anything.

Will keep you posted.

Comment

As you now this is being fast tracked as accepted by the Ombudsman, today I received an email from the Adjudicator, the one that was originally dealing with it to say reviewing my file, there are a few years statements missing, so now they are asking Lloyds for them now, but surely this would or should have been noted before (not now its being moved on to the ombudsman)! Hope this means something.
      Email here:

Dear Mr and Mrs

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

I have requested copies of all your bank statements from Lloyds as having reviewed the file again it appears a few years were missing. I hope to receive this either by the end of this week of by the beginning of next. Once I have this information I will pass the file to the ombudsman who has agreed to treat your complaint as a priority.

We tend to update consumers once every two months when their complaint is with an ombudsman – but if you would like more regular updates please let me know and I will arrange this.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator

Comment

Let's hope so Di xx
        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Something not right though, the adjudicator made her decision without this info and now saying before she passes it on to the ombudsman, she's saying on reviewing our file there are a few years statements missing so she's now requested for these from Lloyds, therefore she made her own opinion/decision without these!
          I think she trying to cover some tracks, as this isnt right!

Comment

Not sure if FOS know what they are doing, last two I spoke too appeared to have strong accents , a lot of staff were taken on for PPI what training or knowledge do they have?
            The latest with mine did not seem to know what a CCA or SDAR was.
            Wish there as an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
              Not sure if FOS know what they are doing, last two I spoke too appeared to have strong accents , a lot of staff were taken on for PPI what training or knowledge do they have?
              The latest with mine did not seem to know what a CCA or SDAR was.
              Wish there as an alternative.

Sounds familiar situation, they probably do a 30 minute briefing in lecture room then let loose on the phones etc, instead of being fully qualified after years of study - training.

bit like olD Master Craftsman/Tradesmen took 5 - 6 years training etc. NOW do a quick course (say 1 - 2 years and you are qualified (NOT).

Comment

I have sent an email as well to ask about this confusion as to why did she not have those statements when she (Adjudicator) was assessing the complaint and now that its being moved to the ombudsman she is rushing for Lloyds to send the years missing statements, as my complaint was meant to be moved over to the ombudsman by 18th Dec and I also raised the matter that this is delaying our case and left on hold once again!
                Its actually been with the adjudicator earlier in the year of 2013 (last year) and the complaint was sent to them the year before that!

Comment

And they are supposed to help us!
                  Mike I agree, Mr DT did his tradesman, took him four years then another four " on the job"
                  It took me a total of four to get my nursing qualification, but glad I am retired now.
                  What can we do, asked the FOS to look at mine over a year ago and like Di got a call Christmas week to send them more information.
                  Not sure what we need to do, when I commented to Barclays that now the complaint has gone to FOS and they would have a fee to pay they just replied that " this has been taken into account"
                  If it had not been for LB I think I would be up a creek without a paddle.
                  Dont give up Di, know I am not!

Comment

Cheers DT

No will never give up, one of my older complaints taken over 4 years with them (FOS), but in the end we were not getting anywhere, so i luckily found more info in regards of the lender rather then the broker and succeeded myself with them lol! In this particular case it was the lender that applied the ppi and not the broker, so the FOS was going the wrong way after all that, where I figured it out for myself lol!

Hopefully with this one something will happen soon, but will not be giving up, so no worries :-) x

Comment

My complaint is finally with the ombudsman, it was actually passed on to him or her on Monday, the adjudicator (after I emailed them) to question why ask for the missing statements now, and not when she was adjudicating said, this was in case the ombudsman requested for them which may hold back the complaint later on, but orginally my complaint was meant to have been passed on on the 18th Dec lol!

See what goes from here now then.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Who knows, hopefully this one will know what they are doing!
                        Xx

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I had a call from a Claims management firm. Took the information then told them where to go. I had a Natwest Advantage Gold account back in Nov 2001 until 2011. I didn't realise until after reading the MSE report that I had been duped into it. I was 5day in from my 18th and I have to say I wasn't the most financially savvy girl. I already had a Basic under 18's cash account but I had decided to take out a credit card. I was told that this account was the best to have as it would boost my credit rating and any credit application. The benefits I was told about include mobile and travel insurance and the fee would be £6 per month. When my documents came through I only got the travel policy but no mobile policy. Just to mention I stupidly believed everything the bank said and took that as fact. So fast forward Sept 2003 I realised that the fee had increased to £9 called NW and they said that it was due to costs. I asked if I could cancel and was told that it would mean also giving up my overdraft and Credit card. I work out that if they took my OD away I would be in financial difficulty and decided to keep it. The fee increased 3 times in the end it was £12.95 per month and not once did I receive any notice. I also wasn't told that 'Breakdown Cover' was one of the benefits which would be totally useless for me as I don't have a license and never have. Not sure whether I've sent off my complaint letter and have asked that all my paid fees are refunded plus interest. Natwest have since stopped selling the AG account which begs the question why!

Comment

Originally posted by loulouxx View Post
                            Hi Everyone,

I had a call from a Claims management firm. Took the information then told them where to go. I had a Natwest Advantage Gold account back in Nov 2001 until 2011. I didn't realise until after reading the MSE report that I had been duped into it. I was 5day in from my 18th and I have to say I wasn't the most financially savvy girl. I already had a Basic under 18's cash account but I had decided to take out a credit card. I was told that this account was the best to have as it would boost my credit rating and any credit application. The benefits I was told about include mobile and travel insurance and the fee would be £6 per month. When my documents came through I only got the travel policy but no mobile policy. Just to mention I stupidly believed everything the bank said and took that as fact. So fast forward Sept 2003 I realised that the fee had increased to £9 called NW and they said that it was due to costs. I asked if I could cancel and was told that it would mean also giving up my overdraft and Credit card.
                            A classic case of threatening you to keep you paying for something that you really did not want.

I work out that if they took my OD away I would be in financial difficulty and decided to keep it. The fee increased 3 times in the end it was £12.95 per month and not once did I receive any notice. I also wasn't told that 'Breakdown Cover' was one of the benefits which would be totally useless for me as I don't have a license and never have. Not sure whether I've sent off my complaint letter and have asked that all my paid fees are refunded plus interest. Natwest have since stopped selling the AG account which begs the question why!
                            Did you take out separate breakdown cover?

they didn't really stop selling the account, they renamed it and changed the way the benefits were explained. Even if you might not have a case from 2001, you most certainly do from 2003 since you were lied to blatantly and is something that bank staff were told to do. When the bank responds then please do tell us what they say, I quite like having to go after NatWest....
                            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

An update of my complaint, it was fast tracked due to my illness condition etc and although its with the Ombudsman, the old Adjudicator left the business last week and we have another in place, who have been keeping me informed almost everyday this week.

The update is, that the Ombudsman reviewed our complaint, but just waiting for some info in regards of eligibility from Lloyds, they did have until today, but Lloyds have today confirmed that it will be Monday by the time the Ombudsman receives the info.

To date, this is the email received today as I emailed the Adjudicator yesterday to raise the fact about the health conditions that both myself and hubby had from being sold all the packaged accounts, when the original Adjudicator failed to take all this into account and the income eligibility, if you can recall, she was just going on about how we benefitted from rates etc...

Here:

Dear Mr and Mrs

Thank you for your email.

I have spoken to the case handler at Lloyds, who has confirmed that the response to the queries made, will be provided on Monday. Upon receipt of this, I will email to let you know.

I have noted your comments regarding the eligibility factors. The ombudsman will look at the whole complaint afresh and independent from the adjudicators assessment. In reaching a final decision, it is matter of discretion for the ombudsman as to which factors to put most reliance on. As the ombudsman has requested that Lloyds respond to the comments about eligibility, I would conclude that this is something that is factoring in her consideration.

Yours sincerely

Adjudicator| Financial Ombudsman Service
                              South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR

Comment

Hope Monday brings good news Di xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X