• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advent/Barclays partner Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advent/Barclays partner Finance

Hi, i have only just come across this forum and i thought i was on my own. i having the same problems as everyone else with barclays partner finance/advent. could someone point me in the right direction as to join the fight against these bullies.
    Thanks
    coggster

Comment

Hi,

just joined the forum and was wondering if anyone has some kind of steps towards resolving this.

I started with Advent nearly 2 years ago with the intention of starting something new and wanting to better myself.

After they went into liquidation and the new appointment of Computeach along with the few months getting things sorted i lost heart and the interest in the course.

All i want to do now is cancel the course and stop having to pay the money out of my account which is just money i could be saving or putting towards something worth while.

Im not entirely bothered about getting a refund, if i could then great! but just to get them of my back and sort this pain in the ass that is BPF!

Cheers.

Comment

Hi All,

I hope Christmas gave everyone a bit of cheer after the misery of the last nine months!

I have a story many of you may have heard - applied to Advent, couldn't get the finance
        in my name, so it had to go in my wifes name, Advent went bust and Barclays are now claiming this is a personal loan not a finance agreement - even though the documents say otherwise. The FOS have (predictably) sided with Barclays, so I am now left with a load of forms to fill out for a mis-selling claim against Advent - who, being in adminstration, have no money!

Any news on the legal front from anyone? Thanks peeps.

Craig

Comment

hi there

i am currently in the same situation with BPF, they are persisting that they have my money, and i still have nothing to show for it, at the moment i am refusing to pay them and in return i am getting a poor credit rating! when i say poor credit rating i mean i cant get any credit at all! it is totally screwed! whilst they are doing that i am following what they say when they ask me to speak to computeach, i do this and computeach are telling me to speak to barclays! i am stuck in the middle here and looking for some advice for any sort of resolution to the situation! i have already been to the financial obudsman service who have predictably sided with BPF.
          if you have had similar problems id be very interested to hear them. also if anyone has had success with getting BPF off thier back.
          if you could contact me on my e-mail address below or get back to me on this it would be greatly appreciated

all i want is this whole fiasco to stop i dont wish to have any of this.

e-mailxxxxx

thank you for having a read Michael

P.S i am thinking of taking this whole thing to watchdog, i would like to know how many people are interested in highlighting this case i would like to get a few people behind me. if you e-mail me i should be able to collect the relevant data to bring to watchdog
          Last edited by Celestine; 18th May 2011, 10:57:AM. Reason: private email address removed, advice must be posted on thread

Comment

Re: Advent/Barclays partner Finance Scam

Originally posted by Fuzzbutt View Post
            Hi Amethyst

Thanks for the welcome. If you feel this should be under the banks/Barclays section please feel free to move it.

Yes, that's me on the Consumer Action Group - I'm Fuzzbutt on there too - I only just chanced across this forum this morning so thought I'd join and hope what we're doing will help anyone here in the same situation.

I'm not at liberty to name the law firm at the mo (their request) as they want to stay one step ahead of Barclays Partner Finance while firming up the case, but I can say the are a major hitter with a track record of successful class action cases in the States.

If there are any Advent/BPF students in this mess who want to join us, I urge you please do.

I have a complaint in with the FOS myself at the moment but it's early days yet. I've heard they can take months to resolve cases and aren't always very 'pro-active'.
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Thanks for the hub pages link - I'll look into that as this is news to me.

I am in exactly the same position however min is with the skills center and BPF, I am at my witts end and cannot think of what top do next, I have written to BPF who advised they cannot do anything despite ending my course halfway through. I have an outstanding loan of about £7000 and dont want to pay it off without having a qualification to show for it.

I would like to join your campaign if possible

thankyou

Comment

I am too in the same position as you all. Glad to see im not alone, as BPF and the onbudmans service seem to make out its somehow my fault that i have recieved no training!! im stuck at the moment and think we should all stand together to fight this !!
              can anyone help me??
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              hi there, i am too in the same position and wondered if you had any luck since then? thanks
              Last edited by colin5; 16th June 2011, 15:47:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

hey guys just want to give you an update, after months and months of fighting barclays all my results are inconclusive. now i know there is only 2 options left, 1 speak to your local citizens advice, or you will have to take them to court, and believe me i have tried every single complaint i could, i have questioned everything!

cheers Michael

Comment

Sadly Hausfeld LLP are no longer able to take the group 'no win no fee' action forward, due to the diversity of the group with people in such different circumstances. They felt there was no possibility of finding a 'one size fits all' case so have now advised everyone to take out individual court actions against Barclays.

I have just put in a small claim via Bristol Court against Clydesdale Financial Services (trading now as Barclays Partner Finance) for a refund of my loan, following the Ombudsman turning down my complaint as it accepted Barclays had offered a "fair and reasonable" solution with Computeach. I beg to differ!
                  My claim is based on S75 CCA (breach of contract) as well as various issues around Unfair Relationships and Unfair Terms in Contracts Act, due to the way BPF engineered this and forced Computeach upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzbutt View Post
                    Sadly Hausfeld LLP are no longer able to take the group 'no win no fee' action forward, due to the diversity of the group with people in such different circumstances. They felt there was no possibility of finding a 'one size fits all' case so have now advised everyone to take out individual court actions against Barclays.

I have just put in a small claim via Bristol Court against Clydesdale Financial Services (trading now as Barclays Partner Finance) for a refund of my loan, following the Ombudsman turning down my complaint as it accepted Barclays had offered a "fair and reasonable" solution with Computeach. I beg to differ!
                    My claim is based on S75 CCA (breach of contract) as well as various issues around Unfair Relationships and Unfair Terms in Contracts Act, due to the way BPF engineered this and forced Computeach upon us.
                    Hello

I know this blog is from awhile back I was wondering if you had any success

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X