• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WendyB - v Citicards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WendyB - v Citicards

I think you could do the accepted as part payment letter, I can't remember the proper name but you know what I mean. Looks like they just say they will defend, but don't they all say that lol.

Comment

Wendy, what is the difference between what they are offering in the cheque and what you say they owe you?

Comment

Difference is £191. Or if I go on what they say my charges are it would be £206. Somewhere along the line i missed a £25 charge. The cheque is for all the £13 differences between their 25 charge and the 12 OFT figure. The amount in the cheque is 55% of what I claimed, or a bit less if I counted the charge I missed out.

Thing is, I don't have an account with them, although it says I've a nil balance, my old card ran out ages ago, they never sent me a new one and last time I asked they said I couldn't have one.
        I'm inclined to send them a partial acceptance letter pointing that out, then see if I can get the rest through FOS.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Don't think you have anything to lose Wendy with the part settlement tbh. FOS are taking a very long time I believe.

Comment

Have checked and the court fee would only be £30, might just about be able to scav that up at the end of January, when i get paid for all this double time I'm doing over the holidays! Am drafting a letter, might just about be able to get it in the post today.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Was going to say do the bank route, but it's the dosh this time of year.
              Good luck with it, like I said before these I have never heard much about, but nothing to lose imo. A Very happy Xmas and New Year to you as well, have a good en Enaid xx

Comment

Hi Wendy

If it were me i would accept the cheque as PART settlement and inform them that you will be persuing them for the remainder.The decision however is entirely yours.

They say they have successfully defended over a dozen cases , remind them of how many they have not defended .

Adapt this letter to suit your needs >>>Rejecting an Offer<<<
                And be sure to make it clear that you are only accepting a part offer

Good luck

Jules
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Have finally got round to it and posted off my partial acceptance lettr today. Forgot to address it to Brian Smith but I'm sure he'll get it. Now just have to wait. Have paid the cheque into my bank account on Monday so it should be cleared in time to exchange for Euros for my Milan trip next week. Thanks Citi lol.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Well absolutely nothing from Citi, now why doesn't that surprise me???? i can feel an N1 creeping up on them......

Might phone them see what they say, I know it won't get me anywhere but it'll pass a few minutes.......and I'm fed up of typing service reports.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Finally getting my bum into gear on this and am sorting out POC so i can file N1. Am a bit stuck on the spready calcs though, and what to put as the 8% interest on the POC
                      I've worked it out with 8% compounded, on all the original charges, and totalled charges and interest but they've paid me £191 already. Do I just take this off the total of charges plus interest. or do i have to allow (somehow) for taking off the 8% on the money they've already refunded?
                      Or shall I just add on a straight 8% onto the remaining balance, which would lose me about £70 but is easier to work out?
                      Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X