• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

nationwide hardship claim rejected by OFT - what now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nationwide hardship claim rejected by OFT - what now

To cut a very long story short. I tried to claim back bbank charges from Nationwide at the beginning of last year which they said no way, my circumstances changed so I tried again under the Financial hardship route and Nationwide again said no, so I took it too the Financial Ombudsman in September last year and their adjudicator decided this week and I quote "that he was sympathetic with our situation but he could not make the Nationwide refund the charges".

Great so what was the point going through all of this only to be told "sorry can't help".... My situation now is that I owe Nationwide nearly £4k worth of interest and charges and have no hope of paying it back, as am now on maternity leave after having my 2nd baby thus only reciving maternity pay of £123.06 p/week and will only be returning to work part time when I do, & having more expenditure with a 2nd child to pay for.

What should I do? I spoke to the OFT who said if I send a revised income/expenditure form they'll speak to Nationwide again, but am wondering whether to bother as im afraid the outcome will be the same. Should I now try and pursue through the court or try a settlement offer and see if I can borrow the money form somewhere. I just want this over, got enough on my hands at the minute without this... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: nationwide hardship claim rejected by OFT - what now

BUMP received a letter today from KPR DCA threatening solicitor involvement and county court action. Can anyone at least point me in the direction of a letter to hold action please???

Comment

How much of the 4k is charges that they have added on?

Comment

Have Nationwide continued adding on charges etc whilst its been in dispute or is the 4k from before you started claiming?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ooooooops sorry Kafka just asked that too lol
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They have kept adding chargers on every month since I started the claim, for unauthorised overdraft and interest

Comment

The interest is not relevant to reclaiming.

What are the totals of charges added on to the account before you started reclaiming and since?

Comment

Hi sorry havent acces to the spreadsheet at the mo but in the region of £3k worth of charges which usually go's up by about £50ish each mont for unathorised overdraft charges

Comment

and debit interest

Comment

can anyone help me with a letter to get KPR off my back for now please?

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
                      The interest is not relevant to reclaiming.

What are the totals of charges added on to the account before you started reclaiming and since?
                      Horsemad, we will help but this question is still unanswered so the difficulty is we need your response to the question asked by Kafka. If you don't know then you have to SAR the bank, if you do know then add it up and post the figure.

Comment

Thanks but I put it in a previous post (3rd one up). £3k.

Comment

Have found Amethysts letter to FOS for them to keep complaint open, as my circumstances have yet again changed since I first started this reclaim ie. just had another baby 8 weeks ago, thus salary now reduced even further to Statutory Maternity pay, surely FOS adjudicator would have to take this into account wouldn't he? If I send a copy of this recorded delivery to KPR with an interim offer of repayment of £5 a month (which is really all we can afford at the mo) would this suffice do you think? Seem to have bills coming out of my ears and just need to get things sorted for the sake of my sanity and my girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Horsemad View Post
                            Have found Amethysts letter to FOS for them to keep complaint open, as my circumstances have yet again changed since I first started this reclaim ie. just had another baby 8 weeks ago, thus salary now reduced even further to Statutory Maternity pay, surely FOS adjudicator would have to take this into account wouldn't he? If I send a copy of this recorded delivery to KPR with an interim offer of repayment of £5 a month (which is really all we can afford at the mo) would this suffice do you think? Seem to have bills coming out of my ears and just need to get things sorted for the sake of my sanity and my girls.
                            Apologies for the misread on my part. Am I right in assuming you use another bank for your income?
                            Have you priority debt arrears(mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities)?
                            Do you have any credit/catalogue/store cards that you can reclaim charges from?

Comment

hi thanks for your reply, yes I had to change bank accounts as my wages had been eaten up by charges and I was left with absolutely nothing in SEpt 09.

Yes I have priority debts, morgage, council tax and gas, which the FOS and Nationwide are aware of as included i/e sheet. Yes I can reclaim charges from various credit/store cards and ppi on our mortgage which has been running a good 10 years but wont that just come off the balance I owe them?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X