• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bailiff charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bailiff charges

I have received a bailiff letter through my door for £3,000.00 worth of unpaid council tax, I have been trying to pay this debt off but got behind with payments as my husband left me, I am off work with stress and depression at the moment and just cannot cope at the moment I have 4 children living with me he said that he is coming back later on today I am so scared, can he come into my house without me letting him in, I feel very lonely and vunerable the bailiff in question is rossendales

Re: bailiff charges

I am no expert on this , but you have come to the right place for help, you must be at your wits end . But stay cool and someone who can help you will be along shortly Im sure.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Janet , are the bailiffs that are dealing with you listed above? If they are have a wee read and what you can find out.and also try the link to the bailiff guide link which is also listed above.
    Last edited by hoops-morton; 2nd March 2010, 15:43:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    'Be Traist'

Comment

the bailiffs are listed above they are rossendale, I have read up some info on their powers and know that they cannot gain entry unless invited so I will just have to keep my doors locked until i can sort this mess out

Comment

Have a read through some of the threads and you might find help through others experiences, Others have been through what you are going through so it can be useful.
        'Be Traist'

Comment

Janet, how much of what you owe is made up of Rossendales' charges?

Who have you been paying - the bailiff or the council?

Have a read of the bailiff guide as Hoops suggested Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles and make sure you follow all the links contained within the guide. Specifically, the link where you check your bailiff is certificated.

Comment

I am not sure of what is council tax and what is bailiffs but I have been paying Rossendales £150.00 per month and missed 2 payments due to being sick and not earning enough. The Bailiff in question is registered, I am now aware that he cannot enter my property without being invited in, I thought that they could break down your door, now I know that they cant do that I feel a bit better. I have filled out the form to report him, its not that I dont want to pay and I have paid this months payment and he called me a liar. he is a very scarey person. I have also complained to Rossendales I dont know if that will do me any good though
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            by the way thanks very much its nice just to tell somebody
            Last edited by janet2206; 2nd March 2010, 17:51:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

In the link to the bailiff guide I gave you earlier, you will find a Subject Access Request letter. Edit it to suit and get it in the post as soon as you can.

Get a Certificate of Posting, which is free and don't forget to include the £10 maximum fee for your letter. They then have 40 days in which to provide you with all your information.

Also, keep a diary of what was and has been said and do not ever telephone him again.

When you did pay, how did you pay? With a debit or credit card? Do you know if charges were added for this?

Comment

Thanks for all your help I have sent letters to Rossendale and Liverpool CIty Council, and until I hear otherwise I will carry on paying £150.00 per month

Comment

Hi

If the bailiffs came again and I refused entry can they take any cars that are parked on the path if they dont belong to me

Comment

A bailiff can only levy on the debtor's goods, but the onus is on you to prove they are not yours rather than the bailiff to prove they are yours.

Comment

i have recived a letter from rossendales today telling me that they are going to look into the complaint and they will investigage thoroughly and that they will apply for costs in any case of a vexatious complaint that involves court action. Does anybody know what that means

Comment

Did you complain about them or merely request your information by way of a Subject Access Request?

They are not allowed to intimidate you whatever information you have requested so try not to worry about it.

Comment

Just had a thought - did you tell the council that your husand had left? You may be entitled to a rebate for being the sole adult in the property (I think it's 25%) and as far as I am aware this can be backdayed to when he left. This would then help to reduce the balance owing.
                          Is no longer here

Comment

I complained and asked for a sar aswell

Thanks x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X