• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

thincat v lloyds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: thincat v lloyds

I think the forum died a slow death after the sup court ruling seems no one is on here these days.

Comment

Originally posted by davidl View Post
      I think the forum died a slow death after the sup court ruling seems no one is on here these days.
      Sorry but I disagree. I'm on here everyday and while I'm unable to help thincat, I can assure you that the forum has not died a slow death. It is not always possible for the team members to read all the posts even those that they are subscribed to.

The Forum guidelines advise members that if they don't receive a reply to a post to "bump" the post up after a reasonable time or if that doesn't get a response to hit the report button or contact a team member.

As advised due to the Supreme Court decision reclaiming current account charges is now more difficult. This is why it is necessary to base any claim/complaint on personal instances of unfairness and why members have to initially write the letters themselves and then ask for any advice on adjustments that might be necessary.

Originally posted by thincat View Post
      Hi Amethyst,
      I've spent some time basically getting the format of a basic draft letter of complaint sorted out. I was wondering if you could give me a view on what I've put together. Basically it goes like this:-

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to make a formal complaint regarding the unfair treatment I have experienced
      with my Current account(now closed ).
      At one stage amongst all the excessive charges imposed which took me above my overddraft repeatedly, money was also removed from my account to cover money
      owed on my credit card even though it would take me above my overdraft limit. I was unaware that the bank could do this until I queried certain figures which appeared on my bank statement. I did remonstrate on several occasions with the bank about this and pointed out that I would exceed my overdraft limit but I was told they could do this and it
      was in their T&Cs(for the credit card?). Strangely withdrawals from the account stopped
      after I disputed the account. Blah, blah blah.

I'm looking for further instances of unfairness but I'd like your opinion on this please.
      I got another letter from the DCA giving me more time to provide evidence of the fact I'm
      going to the FOS. Strange that. Haven't offered them any money yet if I do it'll be
      £1 a month. Let me know.

Thank you for ALL your efforts on our behalf,

Thincat.

Sorry you haven't received a reply to you post thincat. As I mentioned above I don't know enough to advise you what to write, but looking at your post and what I've seen on other threads I think it might help if you can list some examples such as dates and amounts of charges and how these took you over your overdraft limit. Once you've done that, post it here (setting it out as you intend to send to the FOS) for further advise.

CJ

Comment

Hi CJ,

Thanks for that. I haven't been idle while the post was waiting to be answered( I DID hit
        the report button 3/4 times and got no reply. I DO appreciate the work you and others
        put in because I can see you've all got VERY busy lives so I try not to put up posts that
        waste time. Anyway thanks for the advice and I'll try and nail this down a bit more.

Thincat

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X