• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

teram v Halifax Bank Letter Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teram v Halifax Bank Letter Help please

Hi there, I have partly composed my letter in response to the banks refusal of claim. Could I have advice on the parts I am stuck on. My queries are in black type. Would much appreciate any help with this.

Re: teram v Halifax Bank Letter Help please

'hi teram will go through this after i have been to post office and whatnot xx you will be fine sending tmw. In the meantime are there any other specific examples you have of unfair treatment - however irrelevant you think they are just post them up...
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hiya, for ref other thread is TC Charges for Halifax for 2003 needed - Legal Beagles

Okay we will need to personalise it a lot more, however in order to keep the complaint open, as time is short, or get a final response from the bank so you can go to the fos then you can send that letter and maybe follow it up in a few days with any further specific instances of unfair treatment.

I'd add onto this letter your concerns about the interest rates on your annual summary showing as 0.00% too.

You dont need to include everything I put on the example letter if you dont think it applies - you need to make the letter as personal as possible - basically outline to the bank WHY you feel the way they apply charges is so unfair.

Does that help a little ? There isnt a great deal to go on with what you have put so far in terms of individual stuff - you need to expand on that bit, and give specific examples - typing out the parts from your transaction lists if need be.

Ame
      xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        'hi teram will go through this after i have been to post office and whatnot xx you will be fine sending tmw. In the meantime are there any other specific examples you have of unfair treatment - however irrelevant you think they are just post them up...
        Hi Amethyst, I have outlined below my main grievances, not sure which are relevant. Really hope you can guide me. My original claim was January 2009, over a year ago, which they did not respond to until I resent the request in September. Since the original claim, the charges alone have increased by 250.00.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Well as is probably the same for others, they did not send copies of the Notified Charges letters. In Dec 2006 they hit the with charges of 178.00 yet they were informed of unemployment, which started in the November. Then again in Januaary 2007 with charges amounting to 118.00 (this left 1.00 out of the Jobseekers allowance). Not reasonable when, whilst employed, more than 1,000.00 going in a month. Also months when the account was in good credit they would monthly add interest credited and then debit more interest than they had credited(I am not sure if this is relevant mind you) I feel that the charges in 2003 of 28 and 30 pound were extreme and then in mid 2004 charged 35 pound.
        Two standing orders in Jan and Feb 05 were paid causing the account to go from a credit into debit, they then charged 30 for it.
        Things then went ok until 03 June 2008 when a/c was 3.15 increasing to 21.29 odrawn on 09 June. 10 June a/c back in credit. For this they charged me 70.00 on 23 June followed by another 35.00 on 24 June. Got the a/c back in credit all ok until 06 November 2008 when the a/c went -0.03 for just 1 day and they charged the a/c 35.00 on 21st November. From December 2008 the a/c was in debit of 32.96 when changed banks altogether. From then on charge after charge was added until the account was in debit of 180.79 (I did make a payment of 15.00 in the December charges of 70.00 had already gone on). I received a letter 9th June from Albion for the 180.70 which I am paying off each month but they refused to reverse the 154.00 charges added Dec 08 to May 09 even though there were no transactions (apart from my paying in of 15.00) only chargtes and interest.
        I feel they were not customer friendly, in fact, most unhelpful during the times of unemployment and hard times and have never agreed to repay any charges to help through those times.

Comment

Hiya, for ref other thread is TC Charges for Halifax for 2003 needed - Legal Beagles

Okay we will need to personalise it a lot more, however in order to keep the complaint open, as time is short, or get a final response from the bank so you can go to the fos then you can send that letter and maybe follow it up in a few days with any further specific instances of unfair treatment.

I'd add onto this letter your concerns about the interest rates on your annual summary showing as 0.00% too.

You dont need to include everything I put on the example letter if you dont think it applies - you need to make the letter as personal as possible - basically outline to the bank WHY you feel the way they apply charges is so unfair.

Does that help a little ? There isnt a great deal to go on with what you have put so far in terms of individual stuff - you need to expand on that bit, and give specific examples - typing out the parts from your transaction lists if need be.

Ame
          xx
          Sorry Ame, only uploaded half the letter before, please find full copy uploaded.

Are my DD's and Charges together with the correct paragraphs?

Comment

Thats brilliant. You have the statements which show these transactions too so you can append these to the POC when we get to that stage.

Do you have any copies of letters you sent them re unemployment or was that all dealt with by phone ?

In between Dec 08 and May 09 what are the charges on the account listed as ?

Also in the T&Cs for 2008 etc what was the T&C's notice period of charges ? were they immediate you made a transaction that went over or all together at end of month ?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thats brilliant. You have the statements which show these transactions too so you can append these to the POC when we get to that stage.

Do you have any copies of letters you sent them re unemployment or was that all dealt with by phone ?

In between Dec 08 and May 09 what are the charges on the account listed as ?

Also in the T&Cs for 2008 etc what was the T&C's notice period of charges ? were they immediate you made a transaction that went over or all together at end of month ?
              Yes, I have all statements, (what is the POC),
              Unemployment was reported to them by phone or when i popped into the local bank to contend the charges.

Between Dec 08 and May 09 the charges are written: "Charges as Notified" but do not explain more. Unfortunately they did not send the copies with the statements so not sure what they refer to.

Term and conditions for 2008 I do not have them, how can I find out. I can tell you that for this period they were definately not all together at the end of the month, they are on various dates until march April and May 2009 but I think that is because there were no transactions really peeved with Halifax and didn't use the account. On looking again, I was -29.78 on 26th Nov 09 and on 09th December they charged 35.00 leaving me -67.96 two days later on 11th December, they hit me with another 35.00 leaving me -102.96. So I guess this means it was taken almost immediately.

Thanks everso.

Comment

Okay add in to your letter about 'charges as notified' not actually being notified and you having no idea what those charges between Dec 08 and May 09 actually are.

I might have the H'fax ones. will check my folder in a bit. I know Tools has 2007 ones but he's stuck out tonight so prob wont be able to get them till monday.

Can you type those up as they appear on your statements - with the preceeding transactions so it shows what the charges were for (or scan that statement in if poss and email it me ( admin@legalbeagles.info ) or blank out your personal bits and post on here - that will really help.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay add in to your letter about 'charges as notified' not actually being notified and you having no idea what those charges between Dec 08 and May 09 actually are.

I might have the H'fax ones. will check my folder in a bit. I know Tools has 2007 ones but he's stuck out tonight so prob wont be able to get them till monday.

Can you type those up as they appear on your statements - with the preceeding transactions so it shows what the charges were for (or scan that statement in if poss and email it me ( admin@legalbeagles.info ) or blank out your personal bits and post on here - that will really help.
                  Certainly will do, I will try scanning first, but have highlighted everything and not too sure if it will come out, but if not I will type them out, and again thanks.

Comment

Hi Ame, sorry had to type them as my scanner has given up the ghost.lol. Please find attachment.

Comment

thanks hun, you ok if I get back on this tmw ? We cant really send till monday.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

thanks hun, you ok if I get back on this tmw ? We cant really send till monday.
                        That will be fine, thanks Ame, have a good weekend.

Comment

Thansk teram for the email, completly fantastic well done am working on that now.

One thing, you havent put how much your agreed overdraft was - I'm thinking it was £0 but can you confirm for me asap. Ta.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thansk teram for the email, completly fantastic well done am working on that now.

One thing, you havent put how much your agreed overdraft was - I'm thinking it was £0 but can you confirm for me asap. Ta.
                            Hi Ame, yes it was zero. thanks

Comment

Hi Ame, hope your w/end was good! Do you have any update for me as yet?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X