• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welcome finance claim

Hello all

I recently started a claim against welcome finance for miss-sold PPI, I first sent of a SAR's request which I received and then sent a letter stating why I thinnk the PPi was miss-sold, I received a letter from Welcome stating that they where not involved in the initial sale of my loan and insurance and that it was freedom finance that sold me the loan and insurance. I sent the same letter about miss-sold PPI to freedom finance to which I received a reply today, they stated that they have no record of selling me a loan. I have just got of the phone with Freedom finance and they have had another look through thier records using all the reference numbers I could get from Welcome yet they could still not find any records, the lady on the phone then told me that even if i had gone through Freedom finace to get the loan all they would have done is to take my details and pass them on to Welcome finance so they would have had nothing to do with the sale of the loan.

So I dont know what I should do now. Any advice would be much appreciated.

john

Re: welcome finance claim

I think Freedon Finance maybe a broker who arranged your loan through Welcome Finance. This should show in the paperwork you got with the SAR info you got back.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      I think Freedon Finance maybe a broker who arranged your loan through Welcome Finance. This should show in the paperwork you got with the SAR info you got back.

Thats what I though but there is no mention of freedom finance in the SAR report I got the only company that is mentioned is Welcome finance.

Comment

Well that is who you claim off then, they are trying to fob you off. If you have sent the prelim letter and had this response from then I suggest you go through the FOS and here is the info about them http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=21500

This won't be hurried I am afraid, but if it was missold then they will instruct Welcome to pay you back.
        The other route is the court route, this you can still do if the FOS fail to help you but it can not be done the other way around.
        Hope this helps Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X