• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Insurance and Membership of breakdown service: Negotiate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance and Membership of breakdown service: Negotiate

If you are a car owner there are things that might be slightly annoying such as breakdown cover and car insurance. I thought I would give this tip as I have so far saved nearly £100 off both without changing company.
    Firstly Breakdown cover:
    You get your renewal document about a month beforehand so go to their website and see what the equivalent cover is. Mine is straight forward roadside cover. Last year it came out at £29 and this year they wanted to get me for £49. I don't think so. So onto their website I went and then rang them up. I know have the cover for £28 as a continuing member. Cheaper than last year.

On the car insurance I went to comparison sites and thought, someone else does it cheaper so had a quick chat with my insurer. Last year I paid over £200 for 10 months insurance. This year it was just over £181 for 12 months cover.
    So tip is to go on price comparison sites and then negotiate with your existing provider for a lower quote. You could save yourself 25% of the original price. I did and so can you.

Re: Car Insurance and Membership of breakdown service: Negotiate

Did it again this year. First got quote from insurer which was over £80 more than last year. Did price comparisons then rang my insurance provider who quoted me a lower price but not good enough.
    I rang a company this morning which got me more or less like for like quote and saved £64 on what my original renewal quote came out as.

If your car/home insurance etc.etc is coming up for renewal then use the price comparison sites and make pay less. I had a budget this year for how much I wanted to pay and hit it. It does take a few hours of your time, but it means saving money.....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Membership card came through today and they wanted £52.50 so I checked online which said £30.00 and rang them up and ask them to price match. Instead they offered it to me for just £28.00 a saving of £24.50.
      Remember, you don't have to change insurers or companies to save money, just don't accept their first offer.

Comment

http://www.lovemoney.com/news/cars-c...reakdown-cover

Having read the above and having received the renewal quote I was a little alarmed. My car is over 10 years old so I was thinking......I have been sold a dummy policy. However, having just spoken to the AA they have stated that because they did not tell me when the policy was taken out 4 years ago about this issue then they would honour my membership and so having originally quoted £57 I got them down to £36 so another year saving of £21.00(albeit that is £8 more expensive this year than last).

Comment

I would take 40% off their price and just tell them i got a better offer elsewhere they have processes in place to give you 3 discounts reject 2 and accept the 3rd one.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X