• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS Default Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS Default Notice

Hi to legal beagles,

I am hoping that you can give me a little guidance as i am unsure as to my next step.

RBS have issued me with a default notice for exceeding my OD limit, current amount is £2708.12 OD and my limit was £2400.

This account has not been my current bank account since 2007 and no activity has taken place on the account since this time. T

The amount just keeps escalating even though i have requested that the account be closed on numerous occasions. I had £1800 bank charges claim with RBS and that would have cleared the balance off but £908.12 has been added for charges and Interest since 2007 now amounting to the current balance on the account.

They have threatend court action if i don not pay the O/B on the account.
    What do i do next? I am in no position to pay the balance and they will not accept my payments of £75.00.

As mentioned any guidance would be appreciated.
    Last edited by mjade; 11th January 2010, 21:10:PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Re: RBS Default Notice

Hi mjade,

Don't know whether you've seen this:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...#ixzz0cC7QssTA

Have a read - I'm sure you'll find it is of interest
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks charitynjw,

I saw the Mail this weekend and pulled the page out of the newspaper for reference. The RBS branch referred to is my branch at Rotherham and my MP is also John Healey.

I still need to know how to deal with the default notice though as i really am not sure of my next step!

All help very much appreciated.

Comment

If you are in financial difficulty you can go down that route and get your charges stopped and possibly refunded. That is what happened in my situation.

Comment

Thanks Ruby,

I will sit and do a complete I&E form and send them that as that should prove to them that i cannot afford to pay more than i have already offered.

Comment

Sent I&E form to RBS and also £1 postal order requesting CCA..I have recieved a reply from them regarding CCA but no response regarding I&E just another letter from Birmingham Collections confirming that I have not called them to discuss payment arrangements and the matter is now classed as serious and to contact them immediately.

I have not been in contact with Birmingham collections as i have been writing to cust relations in Edinburgh so did not think that i had to do everything doubled?? It was here that i requested my CCA and i had a response letter from cust relations that they had requested my CCA and it would be sent seperately. Still waiting and now out of 12 days but from what i have read this is nothing new.

Where do i go now as i have had no response from Edinburgh regarding offer of payment and no CCA?? The account has still not been closed and now i have incurred £30 for default notice.

This is now starting to really getting me stressed and do not know what else i can do? Please help!!

Comment

Please can someone help me in what my next step should be?

Thanks

Comment

When you say they won't accept your payments of £75, what exactly do you mean?

If you mean that they have written to you and insist that the payments are not enough, then I would ignore this and pay them this amount (if you can afford to) regardless.

Also, a CCA request does not cover bank overdrafts.

Comment

Thanks Amy, yes they have said that £75.00 is not enough even though i sent an I&E form showing that there is no room for any increase.

I asked for my original application form which i opened the account with as the letters i received kept referring to my Terms and conditions of use and as i did not have my original copy. Sorry did not realise that this is not a CCA... Just goes to show how little i do know and why all help is appreciated.

Comment

Hi

I am more than a little confused so can some one please explain the following for me..I am sorry if i am not understanding the point...

as per Amys previous response regarding CCA not covering overdrafts can some one please explain why the default notice from RBS states that a notice has been served on me under the Consumer Cedit Act 1974?

Either the account is regulated by a CCA or it isn't??

Sorry if i am a being a little bit slow in understanding this..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X