• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Student Loans Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Loans Company

Hi guys and girls,

I need some serious help!. Does anyone know where I stand in view of student loan arrears?. Basically its been 10 years since I attended university, but through my own fault, (even though I do & always have qualified to defer repayment), I was very late in filling in the relevant deferment forms...As a result they have/are trying to clobber me for the arrears for the period I haven't deferred. plus a load of scandalous charges, £1100 to be exact, and so I am currently paying them £20 a quid a month to keep them off my backs, but they have added more charges on now!!!, so its like digging a hole in the sand. And every now and then they send me these threatening letters from 'the debt collectors' (which is just them under a different name???)

I don't want the money back, I just want them to add the arrears to my loan or whatever so I don't have to pay them anything.

Help please, I hope that made sense!

Re: Student Loans Company

So you have applied for deferment now?

As far as I am aware any arrears due because deferment is/was late probably will still have to be paid.

Or is this not what you are asking?

Comment

Re: Student Loans Company

Hi, Yeah my loan is deferred now, I was asking if i could avoid paying the arrears, especially the charges they have added to it, as they have put my arrears down as a default which is affecting my credit rating.

But thanks for reply!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X