• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ANOTHER request for YOUR help... bank transactions lists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER request for YOUR help... bank transactions lists

We need to get together copies of recent statements/transaction lists which demonstrate the new regime of charges in action.

This is to assist in the evidence and report to the OFT for the future of banking and the voluntary code of conduct for banking charges.

Things which demonstrate the unfairness and imbalance. Basically anything where you feel the charges were undeserved and excessive.

They can be scanned in and your personal details removed and sent to admin@legalbeagles.info and they won't be published at all but information from them may be used within the PCA report, and the copies may be sent in full to the OFT to assist with the investigation.

The only way to do this is with evidence, not just hearsay, to prove the effect these charges are still having.

I know this is a big ask, but its the only way i can think of to get enough to convince the OFT that thinsg havent been fixed with the banks all changing structures.

Thanks all
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: ANOTHER request for YOUR help... bank transactions lists

I would assume Barclays Reserve, charges where cheques are clearing, multiple charging on various items, etc,etc,.
    Would there be any problem where the charges are taken out on one single day ie rbs/natwest is 21 days after the charging date?

Comment

Nope, if we can see where the charges were incurred as well.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Well, that kinda takes out the current charging regime of RBS Group.

Comment

No it doesn't

Whether the charge is applied immediately or weeks later, all we need is the link between the transaction that caused the charge and the charge and the effect of the charge (eg more charges other bounces etc) or where items have been bounced and charges applied where paying the item would have put you in less debt etc etc. That kind of thing.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ame, I'm pretty sure that we can get away with simply compiling posts from people on the various sites, providing a link to them and offering, if necessary, to obtain the proof from the OP.

These being classic recent examples:

abbey unauthorizes overdraft fees !!! - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Can someone help? - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

In my view some of the most compelling stuff in our PCA consultation was the quotes from people's posts. And I think it's a most effective way of highlighting the issues as they have such a strong impact, are much easier to obtain and we can present loads more examples.

Comment

Yep have those two, I thought if we could get evidence behind hearsay posts as well it would give us a bit more oomph behind the arguments and would show the ACTUAL position of the charges. It is unlikely we'll get much as people do seem quite apathetic about this at the moment. I do like including the forum posts, as peoples desperation and frustration and lack of understanding of the charges and how they have affected them does shine through much better than in a transaction list.

Will use forum stuff in the PCA, and see if we can get some solid evidence in the meantime to back the claims up (and will really help with the POCs too IMO)
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

You are welcome to my statements from Natwest if you like, but as their charges are now relatively low, and we get 21 days notice, I can't see as it will help much.
                Is no longer here

Comment

Thansk Wendy

Why do you feel your charges are unfair ? If you take the amount of a single charge out of the equation (ie not just because its £35 and only costs the bank £1 to deal with)

Thats what we need to look at.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

That's just it Ame, and what I was trying to say, although I obviously didn't say it very clearly lol, is with the current level of Natwest/RBS charges, I don't see how anyone could make a case for them being unfair, is what I was trying to say. Historically, well that's another matter,for two months running my charges were 180 and 150. Even given advance warning, that is a big chunk to be taken all in one go, and if I hadn't had the 180 taken the first month, then I would have had more money left in my account, thus not leading to the 150 in the second month, if that makes sense? i.e the snowball effect. ou are welcome to the statements if you want them. I can also probably show staements where cheques and direct debits were bounced, when they were for less than the charge that was subsequently applied, and would have taken me less overmy ;limit than the charge did, which in turn would have meant less interest etc, although the overlimit fee would still have been applied. Have also got examples ofbeing charged £114 in oneday, on more than one occasion. Is this the sort of thing you mean?

To my mind, the major thing that really pees me off is that the bank could bounce things becuase there wasn't enough money, then immediately apply the charge, conveniently ignoring the fact that there still wasn't money available but they'd take it anyway then charge even more.... how fair is that?

Is this waht you're afterand am I making sense....or just rambling and delirious lol.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Perfect Wendy, Thank you. So in your view the new charges imposed by RBS are fair. This is the same charging system as previously however the only difference is the price. Hmmmm think that may cause a problem arguing the previous system was unfair as it appears only unfair by virtue of the level. Are you still suffering with charges upon charges etc ?

Historically, well that's another matter,for two months running my charges were 180 and 150. Even given advance warning, that is a big chunk to be taken all in one go, and if I hadn't had the 180 taken the first month, then I would have had more money left in my account, thus not leading to the 150 in the second month, if that makes sense? i.e the snowball effect. ou are welcome to the statements if you want them. I can also probably show staements where cheques and direct debits were bounced, when they were for less than the charge that was subsequently applied, and would have taken me less overmy ;limit than the charge did, which in turn would have meant less interest etc, although the overlimit fee would still have been applied. Have also got examples ofbeing charged £114 in oneday, on more than one occasion.
                      Thats exactly what we want. Obviously the examples of the older charges would be useful in your POC (if u still have to claim I cant remember sorry)

If you applied the new prices to those charges would you feel they were fair (ie the £5 and £15 and monthly £25) ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes you're right, appears only unfair by virtue of the level, which tbh is the main thing that people look at isn't it? But the level is the reason that people got into troubnle in the first place, isn't it? If charges had been set at a reasonable level in the first place, people a) wouldn't have minded paying them so much b) Not had so many items bouce etc because there would have been more money left over if the charges which were taken non-ngotiably had been lower and c) the snowball effect wouldn't have been so bad as proportionately there would have been a lesser amount being taken out of income leading to d) less interest, etc, less snowball effect, less hardship.

Not having problems at the mo with charges, think I've only got one due out this month and January isn't the best month all round is it lol. Haven't got a case on the go, had all my charges back on 24th July 2007 right before the waiver. Have had charges since then but never put in another claim as our account and mortgage etc is still with same bank (and our overdrafts lol) and didn't want to rock the boat, decided to wait for the outcome of the Test Case. So am still waiting to know what to do,,,,,
                        Is no longer here

Comment

This may not back up your case but in practice as credits to the account get swallowed by the charges anyway, it still adds to the UO balance and if a DD were to go out following the charges being applied (where it would have been paid if the UO hadnt been created by the addition of charges).

These were amendments made to my Yorkshire Bank Current Account and came as an extra page with monthly statements.

Just going to scan it for you xx
                          Last edited by Tools; 3rd January 2010, 20:50:PM.
                          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Ooh, missed this thread. I got a bit of a killer from HSBC.

I can't remember the exact figures & dates, so I'm making these up just to show what happened, but I'll get the actual figures & dates from the statements & scan them.

Account was overdrawn by £100 on 01-June-2008
                            Applied for an overdraft of £100 on 01-June-2008 - It is refused
                            Informal overdraft of £120 approved on 31-july-2008 (WTF?)
                            Charges applied bringing the account £165 overdrawn

The overdraft was applied over the phone, but I recorded the time & date of the application and the name of the agent I spoke to, so hopefuloly the SAR will return confirmation of this.

Comment

Thank you Smasher thats a perfick example

Happy Birthday to you xxxx (if it is today that is lol)
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X