• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FOI 09/0627 - Ministry of Justice/BERR - Law Commission - June 09

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOI 09/0627 - Ministry of Justice/BERR - Law Commission - June 09

Dear Ms Coleman
    FOI 09/0627
    Thank you for your email of 9 May 2009 and your request for the following information:
    I would like to request information and copies of documentation relating to all discussions between BERR (now the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) and the Law Commission/Scottish Law Commission with regards to the Unfair Contracts Bill, and the Law Commissions' Report on Unfair Terms in Contracts (published 24 February 2005) for the period since July 2006, to include, but not be restricted to, memorandum, letters, emails, minutes of meetings, relating to any regulatory impact assessment.
    I am sorry but we are unable to comply with this request as the effort to administer your request would exceed the limit prescribed by Section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act. This is £600, which represents the estimates the estimated cost of spending 24 hours in determining whether the Department holds the information, and locating, retrieving and extracting the information. Above this, we are not obliged to comply with a request.
    The scope of your request is wide and to comply we would have to carry out searches over an approximate three year period with any official, including ministers, who may hold documentation, such as emails, correspondence etc, relating to discussions with either the Law Commission, or the Scottish Law Commission, with regards to the Unfair Contracts Bill, and the Law Commissions' Report on Unfair Terms in Contracts. This I am satisfied would exceed the cost threshold.
    However, if you were able to revise your request it will be reconsidered. When attempting to revise your request you should take into consideration timeframes and types of documents, or be specific to one group. This may help you revise your request within the cost threshold. Although we are happy to consider any request further, there is no guarantee that we will be able to comply. If you have any queries about this email, please contact me quoting the reference number above.
    Yours sincerely
    David
    David Evans
    Policy Adviser
    Consumer and Competition Directorate
    Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
    Bay 421
    1 Victoria Street
    London
    SW1H 0ET
    phone: 020 7215 0335
    fax:020 7215 0357
    Appeals procedure
    If you are unhappy with the result of your request for information, you may request an internal review within two calendar months of the date of this email. If you wish to request an internal review please contact me.
    If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
    Information Commissioner's Office
    Wycliffe House
    Water Lane
    Wilmslow
    Cheshire SK9 5AF
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: FOI 09/0627 - Ministry of Justice/BERR - Law Commission - June 09

FOI Requests
    Department for Business, Innovation and Skills

1 March 2010

Ref No: 10/0241

Monday, 01 March 2010

Dear Ms Coleman,

Thank you for your email of 8 February where you have requested a copy
    of any Regulatory Impact Assessment and supporting documentation
    relating to the Law Commission/Scottish Law Commission proposals for the
    Unfair Contracts Bill, and the Law Commissions' Report on Unfair Terms
    in Contracts.

I am writing to advise you that, following a search of our paper and
    electronic records, I have established that the information you
    requested is not held by the Department.

If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the
    right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be
    submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to
    your original letter and should be addressed to me.

Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
    communications.

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have
    the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
    decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information
    Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire,
    SK9 5AF

Yours sincerely,

Kay Wilson

Kay Wilson | Freedom of Information Advisor | Information Rights Unit |
    Department for Business, Innovation & Skills |
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X