• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sample response to Bank to keep complaint in progress....

Collapse
Important !
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sample response to Bank to keep complaint in progress....

It really depends on your specific circumstances and the issue - the letter was from 2010 just after the OFT v Abbey judgment so is a bit out of date now although quite a bit in there may still be relevant.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Sample response to Bank to keep complaint in progress....

Thank you for your reply!
      Usual issues...Mis-sold PPI, charged for going overdrawn by less than the cost of the monthly PPI fee (surely this counts as additional financial losses from mis-sold PPI?) was getting charged when previous months charges put me in overdraft, all during a time of financial hardship for which I pleaded for assistance and received none. Some months a direct debit of £147.10 to the bank for the loan actually deducted £666.78 from the account. I paid in an additional £900 to cover this to bring me back out of overdraft but within a few months (after I lost my job) I was back in unauthorised borrowing as a result. The bank incorrectly debited a total of £1180 but will not budge in refunding that either.The inaccuracies weren't spotted at the time as the bank were sending my statements to the wrong address. They came to light when I received some of the information I requested from a SAR.
      The final straw was a recent decision by FOS that did not take the cause of the overdraft into account when deciding if the bank were correct to pursue me for the £386 overdraft (three defaults for the same debt, is that allowed?) during the dispute over the £4200 PPI refund which if paid when the acceptance form was returned to them, the overdraft would not exist. (It wouldn't have done anyway but for the inaccuracies in the balance)
      None of the Debt Recovery Agencies employed by Santander have continued action against me once proof of Santander's debt to me had been supplied to them, one actually sent a letter of apology and explained they can only act on the information they are given.
      Santander's reasoning behind refusing to consider the PPI refund as an offset amount to the overdraft? Different departments. Same business registration number but according to Santander and FOS, different departments mean the two cannot be considered together. How fair is that?
      Not too much to complain about! Only now learning the extent of how badly I've been treated over the years but taking consolation from your site that I am not the only one.
      I have posted in a different thread begging for advice on how to actually get the PPI refund I was promised three years ago so really hoping someone somewhere has a brainwave as my brain has given up!

Thank you for reading

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X