• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Weather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weather

It is going to snow apparently and the Met Office believe the midlands and eastern areas are likely to be hardest hit over the next few days. They add however, that it is too early to know what will happen on Christmas Day.

Oddly enough, they confidently predict that 2010 will be warmest on record.

So let us think about that for a moment. They cannot tell us what the weather is going to be like on one day, less than two weeks hence, yet they can tell us that the whole of next year is going to be the hottest on record.

How come?

Of course, some of you still believe them. You know who you are.

Re: The Weather

I have the answer, last year they said the same but when questioned after the event they said that it was only a 50% chance.

Where is that coin when you need it ?

Comment

well I looked on the 7 day forecast yesterday (as I live in the Midlands, in fact as good as in the middle of the Midlands lol) and I wanted to know if I would have to get the snow shovel out and was hoping I might be snowed in and unable to get to work. All it said was a bit of light sleet tonight and tomorrow. In fact Friday afternoon is allegedly going to be bright and sunny. So far today we have had rain, rain and rain. Not a sleet flake, snowflake or any other sort of flake in sight. Not even a chocolate Flake, which to be honest would have been infinitely more welcome.

The only thing to do, in my opinion, is just sod the forecasts and when planning what to wear tomorrow, just wait till you get up and look out of the window, then decide. More reactive than pro-active but that's about as good as it gets.
      Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
        They cannot tell us what the weather is going to be like on one day, less than two weeks hence, yet they can tell us that the whole of next year is going to be the hottest on record.
        They cannot even accurately predict what the weather is going to be like one day hence !!

.............. and the number of times I check on BBC and then on ITV and get two totally different forecasts. I reckon they all work together and hope that one of them will get it right.

Comment

That's why they all say different things lol. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, perhaps they are working on the same principle??

Midlands update - it's not snowing!!!
          Is no longer here

Comment

The BBC Weather office have booked hotels for all their staff tonight in anticipation of deep snow.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

Comment

Global Warming eh?

Should someone let Al Gore know?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                The BBC Weather office have booked hotels for all their staff tonight in anticipation of deep snow.

Just thought I'd share that with you.
                Looks like the Beeb got it right this time.

I'm snowbound.
                Last edited by EXC; 7th April 2010, 17:18:PM.

Comment

I have a milimetre of slurry outside, whoop.

Why was it when I lived down south I wanted to live up north cause they had more snow, and now I'm here, down south gets the lot !

(I love snow but then I dont drive or have to go anywhere particuarly)
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Those a re very large mushrooms in your garden, or are the fungi's ? lol

Comment

It's really pretty! Left kids having snowball fights and walked to work this morning. Hope it snows Christmas Day!
                      In order for evil to triumph it is necessary only that good men do nothing.

Comment

We are snow bound too EXC.......
                        I just love living in a village...... lol
                        No arriva buses running in Essex today..... so stuck with the other half all day.....
                        At least I can start a snowball fight with some random kids..... heehee
                        Oh the joy of getting one of the local trappy kids with a snowball and watching him hit the deck....
                        especially when it is solid and thrown with some force.....
                        lol
                        I miss snowmanning someone, where you trip them up and kick snow over them.....
                        ahhh school memories....
                        If you did that nowadays it would be assault, an asbo issued, then sued for millions.....
                        Gotta go now.... her that tells me what to do has ordered I get off here.... lol
                        Just going to snowwoman her..... lol

Russ

Comment

Enjoy veilside!!
                          In order for evil to triumph it is necessary only that good men do nothing.

Comment

Absolutely bugger all in Wales. Looking out of the window, I have almost unbroken blue sky and sunshine !!

Aint half cold though. Went over to Tesco at 6am, and the wind nearly cut me in half !!

Comment

Nothing in my neck of the woods either, West Midlnads, near Birmingham
                              Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X