• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help with mbna

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with mbna

hello just need a bit of advice regarding two credit cards i hold with alliance and leicester and mbna,both cards are in credit,but unfortunately the payment date always falls a week before payday so i always get the late payment fee of 12 pounds.when i came across this forum i decided to write to mbna and ask for a s.a.r on both accounts sent off two ten pound cheques registered the letter and sent them off last week.Yesterday i received what can only be described as two pieces of a4 paper with the dates of all my transcations and late charges,mbna have kindly said they will not charge me for this but they are trying to tell me it is a full s.a.r.Any way they charges of 12 pounds add up to over 300 quid on both accounts i have written letter back to them asking for a full refund of all the charges and also informed them i also need to know the amount of ppi i have paid into the account over the past three years,i have threatened them with the ombudsman if i do not get any joy as i beleive they have also ignored my original request for a full s.a.r.does anyone have any other similar experiences with them at all.

Re: help with mbna

First things first, easiest way to avoid the late payment is to get your statemnt date changed, they can do this quite easily. If the stament date is changed then your payment due date will change. Ring them and explain when you would like payments to be due, they can then change the statement date accordingly.

Secondly, MBNA were ridiculously easy to get charges back from have a look at my thread here for some info.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Firstly whatever you have recieved from MBNA please do not take as gospel. However they have to abide by the law and the consequences of not doing so.
      As I am aware through this website MBNA have tried the court route and lost barring appeal.
      Please look at my previous posts under MBNA as well as Wendys. Reply and ask if they are satisfied with the information they have provided if you are not happy (which puts the ball back in their court). I originally asked for the normal 8% on top of the fees but unexpectedly got much more.
      MBNA will make you a silly first offer. Resend your first letter just amending the opening saying "As of my my previous letter you have commented that you wish to resolve ...... to my satisfaction, (if you get the standard respose)however i do not feel that this is the case and I would like to remind you that under the......
      Finish by asking them for an offer they feel is acceptable based on the contractural interest rate applied to your account on a cumulative basis.
      I hope this helps but please look at the previous postings under MBNA as I would not have got anywhere without them and the help of Wendy.
      He is on his way. :santawalk:

Oh and by the way however long it takes you PLEASE please post the reply you recieve as it lets the experts (not me) how the banks are adapting their replies.
      Last edited by jon2516; 12th December 2009, 00:36:AM. Reason: grammer

Comment

thank you for the advice,ive written back to mbna stipulating that i asked and sent payment for a full sar and they have not abided by this,but low and behold they send my two cheques back to me over the weekend.I have asked for all my charges to be refunded plus the 8% interest,but i also have payment protection on both these cards and i do not have the foggiest how much i have paid over the past three years,so i have asked them to send me a breakdown of those payments also.Let you know how i go on.

Comment

hello just an update,received a letter off mbna yesterday stating that they have now cancelled my ppi and i have to write back within 8 weeks with the reason i want to be refunded of the charges even though i still have no idea how much i have paid,they said my charges for late payments etc were fair so there would be no refund for those,also i still have not had a full breakdown of charges and they have now returned my cheque for 2 pounds which was for the cca agreements on both cards,they didnt even acknowledge i had asked for this info in the letter,please could anyone help me with this has they have now refused my request for a sar and now cca agreements.thank you

Comment

Once an SAR letter together with the statutory maximum fee of £10 is received, the recipient has 40 days in which to comply fully.

When did you send your request? Have a look here for further details on non compliance of a DPA request Legal Beagles and have a read here for details on the CCA ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles

Comment

i sent off for the dar beginning of december,but they returned my cheques and sent me a basic print out of my late payment charges instead,i then wrote back on the 11th december asking for a full breakdown of how much ppi i had paid and my credit card agreements but they have again returned the cheques and completely ignored my request.

Comment

MBNA do this.
                Resend a letter saying you are not happy witht the response and it is thier responsibility to provide you with the information you have requested in full.
                Inform them that if they do not wish to do this then they can work out the full cost of your charges plus cumulative interest and refund it in full.
                I cannot help you on PPI but maybe some one from admin in the PPI section can? CurlyBen?

Comment

[quote=girlsworld;146593]i sent off for the dar beginning of december,but they returned my cheques and sent me a basic print out of my late payment charges instead,i then wrote back on the 11th december asking for a full breakdown of how much ppi i had paid and my credit card agreements but they have again returned the cheques and completely ignored my request.[/quote

They are obviously assuming you are only after getting your charges back, I would send the noncompliance letter and again with your cheque.

The Data Protection act should be quite simple - it basically entitles an INDIVIDUAL to have access to any information directly relating to them, held by a company.

If you have sent the above letter or similar with the required fee then;

When you can take further action.

If you have:

* Asked your bank/credit company for the information held about you under the Data Protection Act.
                  * Paid the fee (if required),
                  * Waited for more than 40 days

and you have not received any response from them, we recommend that you contact them again to find out why using the non compliance letter below

If their response to your further enquiry is unsatisfactory then you can make a data protection complaint using the data protection complaint form.

When you send the Information Commissioners Office your form you must also send:

* a copy of your Subject Acces Request letter,
                  * confirmation of when your letter was received, and you cheque/postal order cashed.
                  Last edited by Tools; 11th October 2013, 01:47:AM. Reason: Removed broken links

Comment

hiya thanks for the info,i decided to send off for my cca on the 6th january and they sent back my cheque for a pound also and no cca,so i wrote to them after the fourteen day deadline and put the account into dispute,still no response and ive refused to pay this month,received a letter this morning of global vantage asking for this months payment,do i write back to these and explain the account is in dispute.

Comment

hi could anyone advise me please,i put my mbna account into dispute ,ive now received a letter sayingthey do not regard the account in dispute due to the high court judgement of mc guffick v rbs.They have ignored my request for a SAR and also ignored my request for my CCA these requests were sent in december,they have asked me to put my requests into qriting again even though ive done it once and they have even enclosed my original letters stating this. Any ideas what i should write back please.

Comment

First off read post 9 on this page you have to now fill in the form to complain to the ICO enclosing what is required with the complaint form.

Credit card claims are still ongoing and they are just trying to fob you off.
                        I would write again telling them that you have complained to the ICO re the lack of info re your SAR along with the LBA letter that can be found in the CC forum.
                        Enaid x

Comment

lust an update on the muppets from mbna,they have now credited my accounts with refunds of ppi, one account £291 and the other £185,and sent me letter informing me they have exhausted their complaints procedure now and to go to ombudsman with any more complaints.ive now sent off cover letter and once again all my fees to cover a full sar and cca,s for both accounts,i cant see how they can refund me those amounts when i havent got a clue how much has been paid,and i also want all my charges etc back too.

Comment

quick update,now had my accounts credited with my fees.which clears one card completely with £107.00 in credit,which im receiving in a cheque,other card remaining balance of £500,still no cca so i now refuse to pay outstanding amount has the account is now in dispute,could i offer to pay a % of the amount owing and then they could close the account.

Comment

Well done Girlsworld. I hope you get the other card cleared as soon as possible.

It seems extremely weird that they ignore sars and cca requests by returning the cheques. Keep persisting, it's clearly working!
                              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X