• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charge Notification Letters Required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charge Notification Letters Required

As much as we appreciate the side issue of an 'Old Folks' gathering an Saturday night, it's a bit off topic.

Comment

hi

checked my files and my SAR and it seems ive never had any letters about charges off Midland/HSBC (despite over £1500-00 of them). Also never had any reply from my 2 letters before going to court.

no wonder i never realised i was paying so much !!!!

Borgbaiter

Comment

Thanks for sorting that editing, when one of the forum members mentioned I'd left personal info on, I didn't know how to remove it once posted and then my dongle ran out of credit too!!! Thanks again. Really appreciate it. XXX
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        PS What does SAR stand for? X
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        PPS, Is there anything I can write to ask co-op smile bank for that would help us collectively? I don't think there are many claims/reclaims with this bank so just yell if owt I can do? CatXXX
        Last edited by catinahat; 15th December 2009, 18:32:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Paper clips - the larval stage of coat-hangers!

Comment

hi

halifax june 2006 terms and conditions, a notice of charges and a response to complaint about charges letters.

http://www.scribe-computers.co.uk/we...une%202006.pdf

http://www.scribe-computers.co.uk/we...e%20letter.pdf

http://www.scribe-computers.co.uk/we...%20charges.pdf

Borgbaiter

Comment

Originally posted by borgbaiter View Post
            hi

halifax june 2006 terms and conditions, a notice of charges and a response to complaint about charges letters.

Borgbaiter
            I like the complaint response letter. They're saying they wouldn't want their other customers having to subsidise the cost of running someone else's account.. :juggle:

Comment

lol, heaven forbid they cross subsidise anyone :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smasher View Post
                They're saying they wouldn't want their other customers having to subsidise the cost of running someone else's account.. :juggle:
                I think it could be read that it applies to other accounts of the same person.

Did you have any other accounts with them borgbaiter?

Comment

Borgy, Am interested in your response to Exc;s question.
                  Also, could you post up the letter that the Halifax reply was received in response to.

That really is a cracker of a letter and possibly runs an armoured truck through the banks arguments in the HoL hearings.

Comment

hi

i only had the one account with halifax and only four around 4 or 5 months. they would keep trying to charge me for going overdrawn on the day my wages (well the wifes) were paid in by shufflung all the d/d's etc to the begining of the day sometimes when they wernt even due to go out yet :-S.

the repaid charges i had them on as when i signed up they said there were no charges on a count transfered with inte first three months. had to print it out and send it to them off the website befor they would believe that too.

http://www.scribe-computers.co.uk/we...fax edited.pdf

http://www.scribe-computers.co.uk/we...0%20edited.pdf

http://www.scribe-computers.co.uk/we...r%20edited.pdf

seems a million years ago now :-)

Borgbaiter
                    Last edited by borgbaiter; 16th December 2009, 19:53:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by borgbaiter View Post
                      hi

i only had the one account with halifax

Borgbaiter
                      I will shamelessly plagiarise Budgie.

Comment

Excellent, well thats Halifax sorted !!!!!!

I plan to pop a few of the letters that have been posted up into a document, quoting the relevant paragraphs and email it into the OFT tomorrow.

I have been checking all the test case judgments and bugger me sideways but I cannot find anything to say that these types of letters were actually looked at during the test case at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
                          I plan to pop a few of the letters that have been posted up into a document, quoting the relevant paragraphs and email it into the OFT tomorrow.
                          I think that's a bloody good idea. Send it directly to David Stallibrass.

Comment

4/12/06

Natwest Business Account Full Settlement Letter:

"I am in receipt of your complaint regarding the administration charges that have been applied to your Natwest Account.
                            Natwest prefers to resolve matters with our customers directly and, having reviewed your case, we have decided to refund all Unarranged Borrowing, Card Misuse, Paid Referral and Unpaid Fees accrued by you, as detailed in your request.

This is offered as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of liability or error. We are satisfied that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent.

You will appreciate that these fees only occur when you borrow in excess of your agreed limits. We offer a variety of borrowing products, and would recommend that you contact your branch at your earliest convenience for a borrowing review should your current arrangements be insufficient for your needs.

Kindly note that should you be unwilling to accept administration charges that may accrue in the future in relation to unarranged borrowing and that would be in line with our published tariff, then we may need to consider if we are prepared to continue offering you the flexibility you enjoy with your current bankingfacilities.

Blah blah....full and final settlement, no liability, go away, leave us alone etc

yours sincerely Stuart Higley

p.s. (for Amy: Shocking use of commas before the word 'and' by Mr Higley eh?!)
                            :cancan:
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

He should be grated.

Comment

Originally posted by Smasher View Post
                                Abbey defence - March 2007
                                Brill Thanks Smasher

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X