• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charge Notification Letters Required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charge Notification Letters Required

NatWest Business Account 2006

Comment

Budgie, were the OFT asked to supply us with the full bundle of T&C's (current and historic) that were given to them throughout the test case whether they were included for consideration or not?
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

http://www.competition-commission.or...t/527_4-13.pdf
        Pre-notification: current requirements, practices and future requirements
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Great find Ame! Just need to check it doesn't alter my DN CCA stuff, cause on a quick read I think it's saying for notice they comply with the code (competition) but the CCA requires a DN in the prescribed format.

Comment

Ame very interesting stuff my account is with abbey and i never recive my statments till atleast the 25th of the month and the charges go out on the 4th of the month and going by the guidlines that is way out the 14days notice i should get.
            Last edited by davidl; 5th January 2010, 15:35:PM. Reason: i wrote it wrong

Comment

Does anyone have any Abbey charge notification letters from 1999/2001 ish time ?

BIG ASK I know !
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

~I have a question regarding which documents you can use as evidence to show misrepresentation of the charging terms ?

T&C's - YES

Charge Notification letters - YES

Documents from the banks such as defences in the beginning of your claim or earlier claims, or even other claims ????????

Letters maked Without Prejudice in response to Prelim & LBA letters ~ ????????
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Any douments relating to you personally - not other people.

Surely if you're suggesting Misrep - it's got to come out of the core contract??

Negligent Misstatement - i.e. what was written was incorrect by Law.

Example - As advertised - "This kitchen cupboard unit is made from Solid Oak". Later it transpired it was made from chip board with a solid oak veneer. Held - the unit was not made from solid oak, but with.

I do not see this argument that the terms were Misrepresented will work. People need to start realising there are two sides to the argument and a person must read and understand the contract they are signing - that's why there are cooling off (cancellation) periods.

If the contract says we will charge you this and that for going overdrawn - then if you do go overdrawn - then that is exactly what is going to happen.
                  Disclaimer - This information about the law is designed to help users safely cope with their own legal needs. But legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although I go to great lengths to make sure my information is accurate and useful, I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that my information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.

Comment

The Misrep argument could be basically this ? Interested on your thoughts.

The Banks' representation was false in that the ability to overdraw the Account was a service available to the Customer without any breach of conditions and the fees charged as laid out in the Banks ''Tariff of Charges'' are not ancillary to the price of a current account; the Relevant Charges are, charges that they require their customers to agree to pay as part of the price or remuneration for the package of services that they agree to supply in exchange.

In addition the Banks' representation that the Charges were an administration charge to cover the cost of the breach of contract was false.

Represented at time of opening account in 1999 as

"
                    If you overdraw your Account when we have not given you an overdraft you are in breach of these Conditions and must immediately pay sufficient money into your Account to put it into credit, taking account of any interest and charges you will have incurred. Similarly, if you exceed the limit of an overdraft which we have given you, you must immediately pay sufficient money into your account to bring yourself within your overdraft limit."
                    and further represented in 2005 Terms and Conditions as
                    "6.3 An unauthorised overdraft occurs if without our agreement you overdraw your Account or exceed the limit of an overdraft which we have agreed. If you overdraw your account when we have not given you an overdraft you are in breach of these Conditions and must immediately pay sufficient money into your account to put it into credit, taking account of any interest and charges you will have incurred. Similarly, if you exceed the limit of an overdraft which we have given you, you must immediately pay sufficient money into your account to bring yourself within your overdraft limit"
                    additionally through the period 1999 to 2005 the charges were represented, by way of charge notification letters, as being ''necessary to cover the costs of the extra administrative work involved in dealing with your breach of our terms and conditions''

As a result of the matters set out above the customer has suffered loss and damage and reclaims the Sum difference between net cost to the bank of the customer being in "breach of " the banks standard "Conditions " and the Charges charged to the customers Account.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Re: Charge Notification Letters Required

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      ~I have a question regarding which documents you can use as evidence to show misrepresentation of the charging terms ?

T&C's - YES

Charge Notification letters - YES

Documents from the banks such as defences in the beginning of your claim or earlier claims, or even other claims ????????

Letters maked Without Prejudice in response to Prelim & LBA letters ~ ????????
                      My stayed Yorkshire bank claim from 2007 was countered by a defence sworn by the great Kirstie Ross, chief of the coven. There were a range of charges, many of which were series of automated taking of £4 per day when the account had gone over, normally through their charges. It states expressly that all the charges were genuine pre-estimates of costs involved. This has to be valid evidence as it was a sworn deposition and so transparently untrue as well.

Comment

My immediate reaction is that my heads spining around in circles which means the argument is doing the same - i'll look at it again tomorrow on a fresh head.
                        Disclaimer - This information about the law is designed to help users safely cope with their own legal needs. But legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although I go to great lengths to make sure my information is accurate and useful, I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that my information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by hicskis View Post
                          My immediate reaction is that my heads spining around in circles which means the argument is doing the same - i'll look at it again tomorrow on a fresh head.
                          Welcome to my world lol.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

See my response in the "CCA and UTCCR Argument" thread below this one

Comment

nudge for Ame
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X