• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HFC/Restons CCJ - Pls reply ASAP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFC/Restons CCJ - Pls reply ASAP!!!

Hi,
    I have just received court papers from Reston's solicitors on behalf of HFC bank, requesting repayment of over £15k on a loan that was originally £8400. I was badgered into adding the outstanding balance of a laptop purchase from Currys onto the balance of a new loan I wanted to take out last year. Since then, I have split up with my partner, had to move back in with my parents and am still paying the mortgage on our old house on my own, so have not been able to make repayments on the loan. I offered HFC £120 a month as a reduced payment which they agreed verbally but never sent me the papers to set up an arrangement. I acknowledge I had the money but am loathe to pay back almost double that for a loan I have had for just over a year. I want to know if I am able to defend the CCJ and if so on what grounds? Any help would be gratefully received,
    Vickie

Re: HFC/Restons CCJ - Pls reply ASAP!!!

Hi Vickie & welcome to Legal Beagles.

Can you tell us, has the court already issued a CCJ against you or are Restons just threatening you with court action?

The amount due will no doubt include a "collection charge" added by Restons, they are notorious for doing this and this charge is not a valid one, it can usually be removed once challenged.

If possible could you either scan up or type up the papers you have received and a copy of the original loan agreement with the terms and conditions. If you are scanning papers then please remove any personally identifiable information first. If you are unable to do this then email them to admin@legalbeagles.info and we will remove it for you.

Please do not worry too much about court, it is not as daunting as it may seem, do you already have any CCJ's issued against you for other things previously?

Give as much information as possible in order to best advise you.

As you may have seen the forum is very busy so please do not worry if you do not get an immediate response.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X