• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin incorrect telephone bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin incorrect telephone bill

Ladies and gents,

I received my bill from virgin last week. The bill was completely normal apart from the £212 telephone calls they have charged me. I do not have a telephone line with virgin and have never been connected.

Please allow me to give some background.

I have been with virgin for just 2 months. I originally asked for a telephone line along with the TV and broadband package as I presumed I would need the line to use broadband. Obviously this is not the case as it users fibre optics. Anyway I only realised this when an engineer came out. As I live in a communal block the cabinet to connect the telephone line, we could not get in and I decided not to have the telephone line. He said, no problem, and stated he would send a message to say I didn't want it. I then rang virgin who said although I do not have the telephone line I should keep the same package as it would be cheaper.

So..... Can anyone give me some advice about where I stand. I rang virgin the same day and they said they would raise it as a complaint. Although I must say the customer services agent did try and explain to me that someone must have used the phone.... I live alone and nobody else has access to the line.

Please help me as I'm certainly not going to pay the £212.

Thanks
    Lee

Re: Virgin incorrect telephone bill

Their ineptitude knows no bounds as you will see from the following two threads in particular.

I suggest you telephone the executive offices and have them sort it out, because I can say with absolute certainty that you will get nowhere with their call centres.

Virgin Media - Legal Beagles

and

Virgin Media 2 - The Incompetence Continues (in fact, it never really ceased) - Legal Beagles

Comment

Thanks

I will have a good read through the articles tonight. I just can't believe the incompetency of virgin media. It's beyond belief they can try and charge me £212 for one months phone bills for a phone line I do not have. I'm just concerned my efforts will not get me anywhere and then they will pass it on to a debt collection agency. If that happens I'll take all possible legal action against them no matter what the cost. I refuse to pay for the telephone costs out of sheer principle if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by omcornwall View Post
        I just can't believe the incompetency of virgin media.
        I can.

Originally posted by omcornwall View Post
        I'm just concerned my efforts will not get me anywhere and then they will pass it on to a debt collection agency. If that happens I'll take all possible legal action against them no matter what the cost. I refuse to pay for the telephone costs out of sheer principle if nothing else.
        This will not happen if you have the executive offices deal with it. It will happen, if you leave it in the hands of the call centres.

Comment

Ok,

I just contacted customer services again and they told me it had been passed on to a 'higher department' however could not give me any more information other than somebody will be contacting me in the next 2 days.

We'll see what happens and I'll post up what their response is.

Again, thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X