• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gold mastercard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold mastercard

Hi all

I got a Morgan stanley gold mastercard a few years ago. it was a balance transfer offer of 0% for five months. last year I started to get statements from barclaycard for this card - i am assuming that they bought the other over? I want to know if my CCA is enforceable so who do I send a CCA request letter to?? Should barclaycard now have the original credit agreement and if they don't then is my CCA unenforceable?

If the CCA is enforceable then I am going for a full charges claim and will be SARing Barclaycard. What can I do about any charges when the account was with Morgan stanley, can I claim these also and if so how do i do it?? Help please.
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 11th November 2009, 07:53:AM. Reason: mor detail

Re: Gold mastercard

I would CCA whoever provides your statements, in this case barclaycard. Use curlybens template from the CCA library.

As for reclaiming charges, i dont see why you cannot reclaim all charges for the period you have held the card from barclaycard.
    Once you have sar'd them, you just send them a request for repayment and include all charges for the duration you have held the card.

Fire off the CCA and SAR requests and the take it from there :okay:

Comment

Thanks, will do with Barclaycard. What about charges when card was with Morgan Stanley?
      Last edited by Roadrunner; 11th November 2009, 12:35:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

they should be included in the info supplied by barclaycard

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrunner View Post
          Hi all
          I want to know if my CCA is enforceable so who do I send a CCA request letter to?? Should barclaycard now have the original credit agreement and if they don't then is my CCA unenforceable?

If the CCA is enforceable then I am going for a full charges claim and will be SARing Barclaycard. What can I do about any charges when the account was with Morgan stanley, can I claim these also and if so how do i do it?? Help please.

Is the acount in arrears at all, have you been getting harassment from DCAs etc? Do you have a repayment plan in place at all?
          Is no longer here

Comment

Is the acount in arrears at all - No, I have not fallen more than one month behind and the account is currently up to date with me making minimum payments but it is a real struggle to find the money each month.

No harassment letters from DCA but phone calls from Barclaycard day after due date requesting payment. I have been late with payments virtually eavery month this year with £12 late payment fee for each.

I haven't a repayment plan in place yet but want to pursue this - how do I go about it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X