• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barloo v CITI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barloo v CITI

Have had a few successes with my credit cards and have now decided to tackle CITI.

However, upon doing a lot of various different forum searching. I can NOT find any successes of anyone reclaiming their charges from CITI.

I find this very hard to believe. A few, have successfully got the difference amount between the charge amount and the interest amount (myself included) and a few have posted their experiences up to filing a N1 but then the posts havent been updated since.

From all accounts, CITI seem to be one of the hardest to succeed against and use various scare mongering tactics to try disuade you from your claim eg charges have been deemed fair based on a pre estimate of their costs, defending all such claims in court and having the case moved to Salford, being successful on defending many such previous cases, you will be liable for their court fees and costs. etc etc etc.... TWO WORDS CITI.............Utter TOSH.

I just cant believe I am alone in going this far against, there must be others.

Re: Barloo v CITI

Hello Barloo69 (me again!) I got my charges back from citi but had to use the FOS.

Comment

Your everywhere you are. LOL

Thanks for that Pink, good to know. I take it you got all charges plus interest and was it just limited to last 6 years ?

Comment

Had only had the card for about 3 years so cant clarify on that . Yes got charges and interest. Didnt take that long as as soon as the FOS got in touch for CITI's side they offered to pay up.

Comment

As Tony says ................youuuurrrrrr grrreeeaaaatttttt !

Comment

Reply recd today. Making a pitiful partial offer. Am thereofre undecided if to go court route or FOS. Any advise people.

Does anyone know if you can get over the 6 years period via the FOS.

Am obliged.

Comment

Is this their final decision or is it worth sending another letter saying not happy with partial want it all?

Comment

Firstly, whats the offer ?

citi have defended a couple on their £8 odd costs, I havent heard of any for a while though.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by pinknico View Post
                  Is this their final decision or is it worth sending another letter saying not happy with partial want it all?
                  No this is the final offer in response to my not happy with previous offer letter. So gotta really down the next action route.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Firstly, whats the offer ?

citi have defended a couple on their £8 odd costs, I havent heard of any for a while though.
                  They have offered £150 on a £750 claim which they state is the difference between the £20 & £25 charges and the OFT recommended amount of £12.

Suppose I could fire off one more to them stating OFT have recommended no such amount and that the £12 is purely a level that they would not investigate beyond but this is probably a waste of a stamp that could be better used sending my papers to court and or FOS.
                  Last edited by barloo69; 6th November 2009, 17:50:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hello Barloo,.
                    I currently in the midst of Citi / Egg hell,. I tried firing off all sorts of letters, but got nowhere, then lodged with FOS, and they sent over their findings to Citi/Egg, I have no idea what they were. So in desperation, taking lead from a lady on CAG who had similar with Amex, I fiired off an email to CEO in USA, nothing, then I sent again, and telephoned, evenyually I think he must have got fed up, and contact UK and told them to contact me.
                    Now they then told me what FOS recomemded, at which point I pulled my claim out of FAO, and started negotiationas with Citi direct - to be fair - they have tried, but I also feel they hope you have no clue, I also was offered the £12, said no, also they tried to do from the date of complint, again had to sday no from begining + compounded rate of interest- its tough, they have a ru
                    le book all to themselves, they even cancelled all my products.
                    Cant say anymore as in the midst of it now, once rtesolved I can PM you with co0ntact emails etc
                    Interesting though is speaker at recent BBA - TCF (Treating Customerrs Fairly)was Bert Piljs from Citi Egg - would love to have heard that!!

Comment

Oh jubbly. Thanks for that. PLease do when yours is all done.

Comment

I got the difference down to the £12 from Citi ages ago, but never filed at ocurt or took it any further because it was at a time when they had actually been to court and defended on a couple of cases and at the time I didn'thave the bottle to go any further. Also it wasn't really much, a couple of hundred quid I think, so i couldn't be bothered. Wish i had now though!
                        Is no longer here

Comment

Whats stopping you from taking up the reins again? From what I can gather FOS would seem to be a better route, but no doubty I will probably change my mind AGAIN !! LOL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X