• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A & L put a default on my credit file! help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A & L put a default on my credit file! help!

In all fairness i havent been the most alert financially and now i guess im waking up and being a bit more aware of everything.

that said, my overdraft with alliance and leicester (my secondary bank account) went into arrears. they kept sending letters to me when i was away so i hadnt had the chance to look at it. when i did finally get round to it, it was passed onto a debt recovery agency.

now the overdraft was for £500. they wanted that + £171.38 as extra charges. and not only that. they have registered a default against my name.

Ive been paying them back gradually over the last few months £100 each month.

is there any way to NOT pay the extra 171.38 and also remove the default on my name?

as i said, if anything this is a lesson learnt but i really need to get this default off my name as it will stay there for 6 years!

appreciate your help

Re: A & L put a default on my credit file! help!

well did you receive a notice of a default in a letter from them?
    if not, then they have acted illegally.

they have to you send you a letter informing you of any default action.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X