• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Criminal record?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal record?

Hi all,

During some recent "time off for good behaviour" from reading this forum, I had (am having) a little spat re a local school (hence posting here!)

My daughter had an authorised half day off school (school A), so she & some friends went to visit other friends at another school (school B)

School B reckoned they were causing a nuisance, & Headteacher school A turned up ('cos school B phoned school A) & ordered them to move away.

Next day, daughter & friends were given detention.

Daughter says they were doing nothing untoward.

It occurred to me that whole incident was captured on CCTV, so I asked school B if I could have a peek; school B said no.

So I SAR'd re Data Protection Act; school B said "proof of not Fraser competent" was needed. (She has a moderate/severe receptive language disorder & they know this!)

I politely pointed out that info should be in an intelligible form (Fraser competent - it took me a while to sort that out!)

I also pointed out that, as they were using CCTV for crime prevention, but were not listed on the DPA Controller register for that purpose, their Data Controller (Headteacher & Governers, so they tell me) were exposed to criminal prosecution plus large fine (ok, not likely to happen, but possible, I think)

They responded by saying evidence of "not Fraser competent" required!

This story, in the words of matinee cinema, is to be continued............

However, it also occurs to me that you good people may be school governors yourselves. The ICO, after some consultation, have said that it would take any complaint re this seriously.

cnjw
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Re: Criminal record?

Do you simply want to obtain the CCTV footage of what your daughter and her friends allegedly did while on School B's property?

Comment

Charity, you have also said that she was accompanied by friends, is there any way of the parents of the other children who are Frazer Competent to obtain the CCTV footage? Thus ruling out their objection.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHH!!!

Hi folks,

I've just written War 'n Peace - suddenly screen went blank & I've lost the lot!!!!
        @#$%^&* computers!!!

Anyway, gist was:-

> Cetelco - No, I only wanted a look to see what occurred

> Tools - Daughter not Fraser (is it z - wouldn't want to pee off His Lordship!) competent (officially diagnosed significant receptive language disorder)
        School B knows this, & only need to phone school A for general info re whether evidence exists - they shouldn't need actual details, only enough to make decision as to whether "reasonable in all the circumstances" to allow me to act on D's behalf.
        Ball back in their court as I've told them I have spoken to ICO & informed *"County" re ICO/CCTV issue (in general terms, not named & shamed............................yet!)
        *If correct (ie no exemptions), & I was a gov, I would want it sorted - it's strict liaility!

cnjw:tinysmile_cry_t:
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Update:=

County have replied.

Their Freedom of Information Dept have investigated, & are now informing all schools to update ICO register pdq.

I've also had contact from school "B" who are arranging for a viewing of the CCTV footage.

(A small but satisfying result in the struggle against infuriating Jobsworths who try to hide behind "company policy")

cnjw
          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

What Happend in the End here CNJW?

OPB
            ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X