• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

H.s.b.c. Overdraft Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: H.s.b.c. Overdraft Charges

Letter with I & A going off next day or so, as they are demanding payment of overdraft as per letter dtd March 2012, (no letter received) giving 180 days to clear, now 90 days + even after a letter 4-5 weeks ago stating you are in an unauthoried overdraft, even talking to them for nearly 1 hour twice (at their expence - but they do not know it) well not exactly talking being on hold passed here/ there, talking to an non descript who so called listens but does say very little, then their Financial guidance team who I point out that the O.D. is all charges + (under £1,000) but spreadsheet shows £2,500+ including interest. No answer of course.

Then the threat that if after the remaining days could be passed to a DCA Quote:- Not Metroplotan I say another words yourselves, then Not D..G. so called Solicitors? The original claim for charges were from 2003, and I point out to them all the letter references and the Ombudsman letter references and that the claim is still active so account is in dispute still.

Any comments here on the subject ? pls

Comment

well sent off Monday. Recorded delivery

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        well sent off Monday. Recorded delivery

Good old Post Office = put prices for postage up okay!! = pity the service has gone "SLOW", = Officially "Snail Mail" = Exactly one week to deliver Recorded Delivery Mail.

Comment

Usual we do not feel our charges are unfair, then state this that and the other over certain dates in my spreadsheet, but state they only keep records for 6 years as per HSBC policy and regulators guidelines.

The spreadsheet goes back to 2003 which info they had supplied on the 1st request for repayment of Bank Charges, ( I have the file). they acknowledge I& E sheet as per telecon, wonder if they sending it on. Shows I have less than £100.00 left per month.

So await their next move ?

Comment

Letter from another department stating they have not heard from me , have 10 days to contact & 28 days to do something or will report default, - idiots, already had acknowledgement to I&E sheet and complaint is still live but they do not agree the charges are unfair, they omit to mention the Hardship Claim.

Comment

Formal Demand received, no response to my letter to the C.E.O.

Comment

Formal complaint gone off to C E O HSBC

Comment

still no respose yet? about any of the letters.

Comment

Well attempted to get info on the case originally asked them last year & few times previously;-

Can HSBC credit PPI to a Joint Current Account (with overdraft = charges & outstanding issue of Hardship from 2008), when the actual PPI was for a seperate Loan Account of the O.Hs who had a seperate Current & Loan Account:_ response:-

Thank you for your email dated 4 July 2014.

In response to your question; the Financial Ombudsman Service guidelines deem it fair if a business refund PPI to offset arrears in the related account. However, if the business refund any PPI against an unrelated account; then we do not deem that as fair. Therefore, it is something that we would be able to look in to.

In addition, it gets a bit more complicated if the business refund PPI to a joint account (be it in arrears or fully paid), if the PPI related solely to a private account.

These are matters that we can look at, here at the Financial Ombudsman Service.

I note we previously sent you a complaint form on 2 December 2013. Nevertheless I have attached a blank complaint form for you to fill in, if you would like to bring your complaint to us (in case you cannot locate the initial form.)

If you have any questions about the information provided, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Comment

sent thr same e-mail incl their comments to them, they responded with a member of the Report to team will contact you if they need further information< only been tring for a year thru different organisations/regulators who seem to say go to another one.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X