• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff Problems

Hi

I am new on this site and looking for some help!
    On Friday I received a letter from a Bailif company CSS stating that it is a formal notice and they will attend soon to remove goods . There is no mention of how much i owe or any details of when they wish to attend. This was the first i have heard of owing anything to anyone so the first thing i did was call the company. The did explain that this was a parking fine from Hastings in August 2008. They have been writing to me since Jan 2009 at an old address of mine, which i have not lived at since 2004. I hen spoke to hasting council who have given me the details of the fine and told me that their is nothing they can do now a warrant has been issued to the bailiff company and I need to resolve it with them directly. I have the details of the parking fine which unfortunately I do not dispute. I was in Hastings on that day and actually was surprised I had not received a ticket when a meeting overran and I was over the parking ticket limit by 20 mins. What I do dispute is that there was no ticket left on my car. I have received no correspondence from the council or the debt collectors to my actual address.

I want to pay the fine. I would even pay the court costs and admin fee but the bailiff firm want an extra 500 pounds for 1 visit they say they have made and 3 letters that they have sent and that I haven't received as they were sent to the wrong address.

I have known about this now for 3 days and have done everything I can to see if I can get a halt on the charges escalating further and the original fine paid but I am not able to do this unless I pay the full amount which is in excess of 600 pounds.

I really do not know what to do next.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thank you

Jennyp998

Re: Bailiff Problems

If you genuinely did not receive any correspondence regarding this PCN then you should consider filing a Statutory Declaration.

This will not cancel the actual PCN but it will cancel out the increase in the charge as long is it is correctly filed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X