• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ministry of Justice employees overpaid by 1.5m pounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ministry of Justice employees overpaid by 1.5m pounds

Message boards

havent checked it with MOJ as yet

Freedom of Information Act requests revealed more than 1,000 staff at the department were overpaid a total of £1,522,995 over the last three years – but more than half that total will never be paid back. In one case, a civil servant nearly doubled their salary. The unnamed official was handed an extra £18,500, on top of annual earnings of £22,000. The department, which is responsible for prisons, the probation service and the courts, admitted £904,076 has been written off. Officials said the errors were uncovered when a new payroll system was brought in after the department was created out of part of the Home Office and the Department for Constitutional Affairs.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Ministry of Justice employees overpaid by 1.5m pounds

Do you know if they are hiring at the moment?

Comment

It makes you wonder what the MOJ is like if they can nilly willy overpay staff and to find that this not picked up during any audit checks and that staff do not have to pay it back.

I call this irresponsible on behalf of the government not to have proper auditing checks in place and how much more of tax payers money is being squandered by bad accounting.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
        I call this irresponsible on behalf of the government not to have proper auditing checks in place and how much more of tax payers money is being squandered by bad accounting.
        They cannot even be trusted to follow the very rules they brought in.

For example, checking a passport...

Comment

Tis theft if they don't pay it back IMHO and should be treated as such.

Comment

I bet not one of these employees who were overpaid, complained that they had been overpaid and on their own volition ask if it could be paid back.

Basically, no one is or has taken responsibility over this, if I did this in my job, I would have been shown the door.

It is the same as the expenses fiasco with the MP's, no one was checking that situation either and if it did not come out to the surface the MP's would have got away with millions between them and we still do not know the full extent of Tony Blairs expenses, whatever next?

I agree Amy a law is made for us.......but it does not apply to them and Di, yes it is theft and should be repaid.

Comment

I've been following the capers in Private Eye about the countless millions the MOJ have spent on the disasterous new computer system they entrusted to the same useless company that cocked up the NHS system that is running so far over budget that no one has a calculator that displays enough digits to figure out by how much.

The MOJ system is such an expensive balls up they don't currently know the prison population.

Comment

Or how to deal with thousands of complaints about the Claims Management Companies they authorise. If they ran the simplest of checks against the owners/directors of half of these then they would clearly see that many are not even fit to run a tap.
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Reminds me of when I had a job for all of one and a half days. Then got paid somebody else's wages at the end of the month, just because I had the same name.

Mind you since it was over £3K, this was about 12 years ago, I did consider keeping quiet and see how long they would keep making the same mistake. LOL

Being the honest chap I am though, I did hand it back. Eventually.
                  My Blog
                  http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X