• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Manningham Vs Aktiv Kapital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manningham Vs Aktiv Kapital

Hi,

Being new to the world of 'Computerdom' i will probably make a right royal hash of this, i.e: everything under the wrong heading etc....

Anyway, in Oct 2006 i received a letter from Aktiv Capital saying that i had been previously advised on Oct 2004 that a debt accrued by myself had been legally assigned to them. This 2004 letter i have no recollection of !

I'd previously been in debt but most were settled in1999-2000.

The sum that AK were seeking was £884.55, a sum i didn't recognize.
    I rang AK to enquire where the debt originated and what it was for, this they were unable to tell me, all i could get out of them was that it could be for this it could have been for that blah blah blah.....
    Obviously i told them that i was not going to accept respnsibility for a debt that i didn't recognize and they couldn't explain.

I sought advise at my local CAB who advised me not to respond to anymore letters and that i was not to ring them again.
    This advise i duly took but the letters still kept coming. Have only opened a couple purely by mistake,one of which stated that the debt was being collected on behalf of First National Tricity Finance Ltd, but have kept all of them.

Last Friday 18/09/09 i opened a letter which was from CCScollect Debt Collectors saying AK had authorised them to collect the full amount, and that the letter was a formal notice of intended court action and that CCS may take action if the full amount was not paid within 7 days of receiving the letter.
    The letter goes on to say that if court action is obtained the following may occur.
    a) Seizure and sale of moveable property by an officer of the court.
    b) Deductions from wages by employer under a court order.
    c) An unpaid Court Order may make credit difficult or impossible to obtain.

The thought of someone coming into my house and taking property for a debt that no one can seem to clarfy is causing me a great deal of worry and distress and i really don't know what to do, i'm hoping some one out there maybe able to help.

Obviously if the debt was proved to be mine in the first place i would've held my hands up and come to some arrangement to make payments, but with everyone being so vague i was naturally suspisious.

I don't know if the CAB gace the right adivise......all in all i'm totally confused.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!

With Thanks in advance

MANNINGHAM
    Last edited by Budgie; 21st September 2009, 22:50:PM. Reason: Amended title of thread - Budgie

Re: Aktiv Kapital

Welcome to Lb x

Have a little read of this... ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles

In post number 4 there is a prove it letter... send them that x

do not call them ever... letters only Try to remember most of the letters they send you are intended to scare you and are mostly empty threats x
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Re: Aktiv Kapital

Thank you SO much, I don't feel like i'm taking on the world on my own now. I wish i'd come across this site before.

Looks like i've got a bit of reading to do.......I think i'm going to be able to sleep tonight.

Thanks again, i will keep you informed.

A VERY APPRECIATIVE MANNINGHAM

Comment

Re: Manningham Vs Aktiv Kapital

There is loads of information on this site and loads of helpful people, let us know how you get on x
        Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
        Me VS Abbey Win
        BIL HSBC Credit Card
        BIL EGG
        BIL HSBC Loan
        BIL PPI Win

Comment

Honestly.
          File it under Ignore as I'm willing to bet, it's well and truly Statute Barred.

CCS are talking total Bovine Excrement. As normal DCA letters are designed to scare you into payment.
          DON'T bother sending them anything at all as there is noting to ask them to prove.
          DCA's collecting on behalf of other DCA's are TOTALLY powerless !!!
          They WONT be sending someone round or even taking court action.
          It's all hot air and wind

Comment

Its likely sending letter #4 will get this particular DCA off your back and they will just pass it on to the next one, so you send letter #4 again.

I understand the CAB and Curly saying just ignore the letters, but it can feel scary and intimindating to recieve these threats against your home and credit rating and asking them to prove the debt formally at this stage does help put your mind at rest that you are taking action against it, towards stopping the letters, and if ever a DCA does decide to try court (very unlikely as they would be chucked out instantly with no evidence of what the debt is) you have evidence that you have tried to find out what it is and sort it out and havent simply ignored it. Also they might (also unlikely) actually come up with some evidence of what the debt is and you can see if its statute barred or simply not your debt anyway and put it to bed for good.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X