• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Really need help understanding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really need help understanding

Hi everyone, I’m new and need some serious help…never been great when it comes to money which is how I got into my mess!

Below is a list of who I owe money too and roughly how much is remaining to each. I am currently on a debt management plan with payplan and have been since 2007, however Halifax have now decided to start charging me interest again so out of the £200 they get a month £140 goes on interest!!! So now my light at the end of the tunnel is fading fast!

What I want to know is what are my options when it comes to reducing my debt? I know I can write to the credit cards and claim back charges but from what I have been reading I can also write to everyone and request a copy of my agreements. How successful is this? And who would I write too, for instance on the store cards do I write to who the debt is now with, CL Finance?

Look forward to hearing from you as I’m so confused

All of the following were taken out before 2007:

£210 House of Fraser card – Now being collected by CL Finance

£250 Comet card - Now being collected by CL Finance

£3000 Egg Prudential Credit Card

£1500 Sainsburys Loan – Bank of Scotland

£7500 Halifax Credit Card

£2400 Tesco Credit Card – RBS Mint

£500 Natwest Credit Card – Royal Bank of Scotland

£600 Barclaycard Credit Card

Re: Really need help understanding

Hi Mai

Welcome to legal Beagles.

Credit cards charges are fairly easy to reclaim, do you have many of these?

Writing to all your creditors and asking them to accept a lower amount is also something which you can do.

With the agreements, someone else will be along to help you, but in the mean time you could send an SAR with £10 cheque or postal order to each of the loan/ credit cards companies and ask for all the documentation that they hold on you. The template library should have a suitable letter.

Tuttsi

Comment

Re: Really need help understanding

Have a read here Legal Beagles

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X