• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jacksprat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacksprat

can you help
    couple two children not married with private house joint ownership Male joint owner no longer living in the house current situation signing house and mortgage over to cohabitant. (male has legal secured £51,000 of collateral before split of profits) under this situation what legal demands will he be part responsible for with regards to
    (A) Repairers /Replacements such as widows/doors/fences/etc
    (B) Upkeep inside/outside of property
    (C) Updating Kitchen/bathroom
    Many thanks
    Jacksprat
    Last edited by Amethyst; 25th August 2009, 12:36:PM.

Re: jacksprat

So Mr X has 51% of property and Miss Y has 49% of property and lives in it with children. Mr X being bought out by Miss Y ?

Is Ms Y demanding the issues A,B,C are dealt with before completing the sale/transfer ? how long ago did Mr X leave, and was it by choice or was he excluded ?

I'd say Mr X was only responsible as joint owner for half of essential repairs/maintenance so not luxury ones such as new kitchen bathroom, replacement windows etc.

Where in the transfer are they at the moment?
    Last edited by Amethyst; 25th August 2009, 12:49:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Does the guy have legal responsibility over the children at all?
      :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        So Mr X has 51% of property and Miss Y has 49% of property and lives in it with children. Mr X being bought out by Miss Y ?

Is Ms Y demanding the issues A,B,C are dealt with before completing the sale/transfer ? how long ago did Mr X leave, and was it by choice or was he excluded ? [Mr X left by choice ]

I'd say Mr X was only responsible as joint owner for half of essential repairs/maintenance so not luxury ones such as new kitchen bathroom, replacement windows etc.

Where in the transfer are they at the moment?
        Mr X has not and will not be bought out by Ms Y Mr X was sole owner of a property when the two mett it was when Ms Y became pregnant that they decided the house would be to small and they bought the current house
        both names whent on the mortgage /deeds

Comment

If mr x has parental responsibility for his kids.... it affects things... like having a duty to provide a home for them.(which might effect A, B & C of your initial question )
          If he doesnt have parental responsibility, I would say that it makes the ownership issue more straightforward. Thats what I was trying to establish when I asked
          Last edited by shas; 25th August 2009, 18:20:PM.
          :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X