• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Daughter threatened with legal action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daughter threatened with legal action

Thanks Ame

Have spoken to Sharon (daughter) and we're going to sit down tomorrow and go through everything. Once done I will post it on here for you to check. I will then post everything recorded delivery first thing Monday.

Have a nice weekend you xx
    In order for evil to triumph it is necessary only that good men do nothing.

Comment

Hi Ame

I have attached Sharon's I.E. Sheet. Her Money left over is £159 but £150 of that goes on her DMP which I have also attached.

Could you be a love and have a look for me.

Thanks again xxxxxxx
      Last edited by MrsSkint; 29th March 2010, 10:23:AM.

Comment

just noticed something on her DMP. She is paying BARCLAYCARD £3 per month! Right, they are next on the list!

Comment

thanks for that will go through.

she'll have charges on most of those debts which she can reclaim - funds will most likely go to reducing the debts but still worthwhile.

Theres a couple there we should also send a cca request to, just to check and see if we can do something to reduce what she is paying monthly.

And the management fee of £35 a month.... cccs are free but will have a look into what baines and ernst do for their fee first.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Brilliant - she will be pleased! I'll finish off RBS before starting another one. (Can't multitask!!)

Comment

First Draft - do we know approx amounts owing to creditors ? and is the dartford borough council debt for council tax ?

have put the debt management fee in outgoings also wasnt sure on age of child so can you confirm that is either under or over 14 ta muchly.

when we're sorted will give you the budgeting pages too but this pdf page is the only one you should send to the bank for now.

We do have a few issues expenditure wise (that the bank would pick up on)

Phone is a little high - needs to try reduce that monthly by approx £12
              Travel is also high - I think the insurance is quite expensive - so that would be an area to look at.
              Housekeeping - approx £150 over - cigs is the obvious (and most difficult) cut back, also newspapers etc could go.
              Other expenditure - about £100 over - quite high on entertainment...and school fund subscription?

After the DMP fee theres £124 for creditors and the DMP have allocated £115 of it.

Basically she's not got a deficit despite the overspends (CFS wise) and is on a DMP, so not sure she'll get through on hardship.

As a guide her expenditure plus her essentials (rent/council tax/utilities) should come to around £1000 giving her a £500 to use for debts.
              Last edited by Amethyst; 24th August 2009, 15:41:PM.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

ok, thanks Ame. Maybe we should leave out the Hardship and just go for the basic bank charge claims. The most important thing at the minute is to try and get this on hold so that RBS don't send in the bailiffs! What do you think?

Comment

yEP i THINK WE STICK WITH THE PLAN BUT DONT EXPECT TO GET ANYTHING BACK JUST TO GET IT STUCK ON HOLD AS BEING IN DISPUTE - SO CARRY ON WITH THAT LETTER WE STARTED ON BEFORE oops sorry for caps
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

ok, no probs. just need to put address and date on letter. You said to send it to Birmingam Collections Centre - should I also cc it to her local branch?

Comment

Can't hurt - Id also add a little extra paragraph about being a single parent and struggling with debt etc, and add a BOLD title at the top (under Dear Sir) ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE & FINANCIAL HARDSHIP

just to focus their minds.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

ok, thanks Ame, letter done, cheque written and ready to post this afternoon. You're a wee star

Comment

All gone off. Just sit and wait now.

BTW I got a tel call from ismart last night - will post conversation on ismart thread.

Comment

update guys

Daughter received letter from Data Protection Team at RBS and returned cheque for £10. their reason was that her new address differs from the one they hold on record! However, they sent the letter/cheque to her new address! They are saying she needs to update her address by contacting a branch or telephone banking and then return the cheque again with her request for list of charges. STALLERS!
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            We also sent a second letter to the Collections Team with her new address, stating that she will pay £10 per month for her overdraft until test case has been decided., basically just to keep them off her back as they were threatening her. This cheque was cashed!
                            Last edited by MrsSkint; 10th September 2009, 12:28:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Mornin' guys
                              Received another letter from RBS Birmingham Collections Centre this morning.
                              "In view of the working on your letter the request for a refund of charges has been forwarded to the under-mentioned address:
                              Customer Response service Unit
                              Drummond House
                              Edinburgh EH12 9JN
                              any further correspondence should be addressed to that office.
                              I regret I am unable to waive charges & interest as requested an dwhilst your account remains they will continue to be applied."
                              Then it says if she doesn't reply within 8 weeks they will regard the complaint as closed.

Should she send the same letter as before to the address above? If so, then they'll have 2 of the same letters! Or should she word this one differently?
                              Also, they sent her letter to her previous address (which is my address) in spite of her putting her new address on her letter. Looks like she will have to change her address at her branch before they will even look at her complaint.

Any advice on wording another letter for her very gratefully received as always.

Thanks guys xxxxxxx

Comment

am going to have a read back MrsSkint and see where we go from here and what advice I can give ya.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X