• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

crap west!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crap west!

Hi all

I am new to this site and i am in need of some good advice! Problems I am having are as follows.........

1. I have had a natwest card for 17 years and I have paid PPI for all that time. I thought I had to have it so I complained to them stating that I wanted a refund. Some weeks later i received a letter from them offering me £938 as a good will payment for 6 years worth of payment but with no interest. I have took up the matter with the FOS and it is in their hands now.

2. I would also like to know if this card is enforceable. From reading the advice on different sites regarding the cosumer credit act 1974 they have breached it re: upping my credit limit to £9000. i am unsure if I should pay it or not untill they investigate it? I also made the silly mistake of getting involved with a company who charged me £500 to look into the card for me. They then came back to me asking for more money to deal with this and no gaurentee if they would be sucessfull i ceased all contact with them and i have asked for my money back, dont think I will get it!

Anyway I would be thrilleed if anyone can help me on these 2 relating subjects. i am so down with it all

Thanks Shell

Re: crap west!

Hi Shellywel

Welcome to beagles.

You could try and claim all 19 years of charges and contractual interest. If you need any help, pointers, letters. There are plenty of willing helpers on here. Please take a look in the Natwest Cards section. There are template letters to help you as well.

Good luck,
    Hod..Liam..
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Thanks for your speedy reply, i will take a look! Shell
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Liam

i have already told them i want the full 17 years back but they are saying "NO CHANCE, WE ONLY GO BACK 6 YEARS AND WE DONT PAY INTEREST IT'S OUR POLICY" So i dont think I will get anywhere with that one

Shell
      Last edited by shellywel; 19th August 2009, 13:25:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi Shelly and welcome to the site.

Have a good read of this guide to the CCA Legal Beagles and then send off for a copy and don't forget to send the £1 too.

I recommend you keep on paying until you have had a copy back and posted it on here, then we can have a look and see if it is compliant or not.

Regarding the claiming back 17 years, I'm not really sure about that, but someone else will be along later and be able to advise you further.

Comment

With regards to whether the card is enforcable or not, you would have to request a copy of the CCA. There is a template letter for this in the library, you need to enclose £1 with it.

Are you in debt/arrears on the card? Do you have any charges (overlimit, late payment etc?
          If so, you can claim all those charges back, Natwest were easy to get charges back from, see HERE

Why doi you want to know if it's enforceable or not? Just asking, cos I wouldn't encourage using CCA unenforceability for debt avoidance.
          Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks wendy and sapphire!

No I am not in arrears with them all payments up to date. I am just so annoyed with them regarding paying something that I thought I had to have for 17 years! my biggest mistake wa getting involved with the stupid company who i gave £500 to for nothing :-(

Comment

Originally posted by shellywel View Post
              Thanks wendy and sapphire!

No I am not in arrears with them all payments up to date. I am just so annoyed with them regarding paying something that I thought I had to have for 17 years! my biggest mistake wa getting involved with the stupid company who i gave £500 to for nothing :-(

Have you paid a claims company to get your PPI back?

Comment

well send the CCA anyway and see if Natwest send it, if it's enforceable etc before you go any further on that score. With regards to the PPI, if you have already put it through to the FOS then just wait and see what they come up with.
                Is no longer here

Comment

No I dint pay them for the PPI. But I have wrote a letter to Trading Standars and The Ministry Of Justice regarding the company. I have also wrote to them demding my money back, dont think I will get anywhere with that!

I am so down in the dumps with it all!

Feeling better speaking to people on here!
                  Wendy

Have you heard of any sucess strories regarding the same?

Shell
                  Last edited by shellywel; 19th August 2009, 14:20:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

No I dint pay them for the PPI. So what did you pay them for? What was the £500 you paid them? But I have wrote a letter to Trading Standars and The Ministry Of Justice regarding the company. I have also wrote to them demding my money back, dont think I will get anywhere with that!

I am so down in the dumps with it all!

Feeling better speaking to people on here!
                    Wendy

Have you heard of any sucess strories regarding the same?

Shell
                    Success stories regarding PPI/ There's loads of them. Just depends on each individual case so i can't generalise and say you'll definitely succeed.
                    Success stories regarding getting your money back from a CMC? Probably some but few and far between, again it would depend on individual circs as to what could be done about it. Although as more and more people challenge the CMCs i'm sure there will be more and more successes.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks Wendy

I kn ow I have a fab case for the PPI as they are already rolling over like a dog wanting it belly scratching LOL offering a good will payment of £938, I am sur FOS will get me more than that!

As for the unenforceable credit card thats a bit scarey. I have the money to pay it clear off but before I do I just want to make sure that I might not need to pay it! They have really wound me up I think i am going to go back to sticking my money undere the matress! LOL!

Shell
                      paid the company to see if they could right off my debt. then they wanted more money
                      Last edited by shellywel; 19th August 2009, 14:36:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Just to let you know that through the FOS my friend won her PPI plus interest right back to the 1990's .So dont give up yet.

Comment

Thanks Wendy

As for the unenforceable credit card thats a bit scarey. I have the money to pay it clear off but before I do I just want to make sure that I might not need to pay it! They have really wound me up I think i am going to go back to sticking my money undere the matress! LOL!

Well like I said before, I wouldn't encourage using CCA as a way to avoid the debt. They may well have wound you up but imo you shouldn't use cca to not pay them. Moral or legal? thats the argument. And as you are up to date, haven't got any DCAs hounding you etc, then I personally would come down on the side of moral in this case.

Just my opinion

What correspondence have you had with the CMC, and what exactly did they do for you, and why did they ask for more money? Where are you with this so far?
                          Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by pinknico View Post
                            Just to let you know that through the FOS my friend won her PPI plus interest right back to the 1990's .So dont give up yet.

Woo Hoo! looking good then! also have the same complaint with Barcly Card and I have have had that card for the same ammounnt of time! i will keep you all posted!

PS thanks everyone I am feeling like theres a light at the end of the tunnel!

Comment

Shelly if you get a chance it would be nice if you could scan up copies of correspondence you've had (obviously remove your personal details first).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X