• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LTSB (C&G) missold PPI claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTSB (C&G) missold PPI claim

I'd like to give a summary of my ongoing claim against LTSB (C&G) for missold PPI.

I took out a mortgage with C&G in Feb '97, whilst arranging this I was told by both my mortgage broker/IFA and directly from the local C&G branch that PPI was also a requirement. At the time I argued that I did not consider it necessary, through work I have PHI cover and am employed by a company with a no redundancy policy. I have no documentary evidence of my argument at the time, however I do have a letter from the broker that states "As discussed with (brokers name), the Cheltenham & Gloucester require you to take out their payment protection plan with your mortgage".

C&G's initial response was to state that it has never been compulsory to take out a PPI policy and that I could have cancelled the policy at any time.

I have since provided them with a copy of the letter from my broker and also the date of meeting with the branch to which they admit it does give the impression that I had to take this cover, however the IFA was not a member of C&G staff, and their response was to offer a 25% refund of premiums paid as their final offer, again saying that I could have cancelled the policy.

In my opinion I could not have cancelled the policy as this would have been in breach of the mortgage terms, for this reason it remained in place until I terminated the mortgage last year.

I believe my next action is to take this to the FOS and pursue a full refund of premiums paid (and interest?). I'd welcome any guidance or comments relating to this.

Re: LTSB (C&G) missold PPI claim

In addition to my post on your other thread, you may also have a claim against the IFA for misselling - he would have gotten commissions etc from the sale of the PPI and has completely misrepresented it to you.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X