• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SUCCESS ***Yet more charges - full refund hardship :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet more charges

Give me ten will have a fiddle
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam

Severe Financial Difficulty and Complaint about Excessive Charges

Please progress this complaint urgently under the Financial Difficulty exemption to the FSA Waiver

Despite previously notifying you that I am in severe financial difficulty you have seen fit to continue applying excessive and unfair charges to my account pushing me deeper into debt.

I am now in a position that I really do not know how I will get through the next month.

I was made redundant in October and have been unable to find another position this has substantially reduced our income by £1200 a month.
      Additionally my partner works on a commission basis and due to the current economic climate he is no longer making commission thus reducing our monthly income by a further £1000 a month.

I am writing to request that you repay all the default charges applied to my account in the last 6 years. I believe these charges are unfair and do not reflect the true cost to Natwest of going my temporarily into unauthorised overdraft.

I note the FSA's definition of financial hardship as detailed in the updated waiver and believe that I meet these criteria for the following reasons.

We currently have the following priority arrears;

Gas £73.51
      Electricity £144.37

Credit Card £350
      Phone £35
      Car insurance £40
      Pet
      Insurance £10.69

This month as you will be aware if you check our account the vast majority of direct debits have bounced and we are currently nearly £700 over our overdraft. The majority of which is made up of unfair charges.

We have been forced to buy food, petrol and basic essentials on credit cards which are now maxed out. We have no further funding sources, no money to purchase food or to pay our bills. We also owe my parents £2000 and my partners parents £500.

I have provided proof of the above as much as I can, and will happy to provide any more information you may need. I have also attached a full current income and expenditure sheet.

As the FSA waiver states that you should deal with my hardship case I would ask that you deal with my case as urgent.

I wrote to to you 3 weeks ago requesting Financial Hardship help, you have as yet to reply. This is against the waiver guidelines as I should have received an acknowledgement within 5 days. I attach a copy of this letter.

I have now cancelled all my direct debits from this account and have made arrangements for income to be paid to an alternative account.

I request that this account be put on hold, and interest and charges frozen whilst the account is in dispute, and that you consider refunding the charges applied which have contributed heavily towards the priority arrears I am now facing.

I look forward to receiving your confirmation of this in the next few days.

Yours

Macho
      xx
      Last edited by Amethyst; 17th August 2009, 18:53:PM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Agreed. Get the feck out and let them try to take you to court for the charges. Then laugh like a loon when you tell them you'll be well chuffed to discuss this in court.
        My Blog
        http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          This is against the waiver guidelines as I should have received an acknowledgement within 5 days.

Did not know that.

Thank you
          Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Take note of the bit in red No head in sand hoping it will get better, do something about it ((((((((hug))))))))

bloody banks
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Take note of the bit in red No head in sand hoping it will get better, do something about it ((((((((hug))))))))

bloody banks
              Applied for loads of bank acc last week, got turned down by them all Will try post office

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

I think the Post Office isonly for peeps to receive benefits into, not quite sure. Their actual banking account is the Alliance and Leicester one I think. Have you tried all the other banks for the baisc bank account?

Either way, you defintely need to cancel all your direct debits and get any income diverted into to another account. If the worst comes to the worst, get your money paid into someone else's account and get the cash from them. Don't worry about paying the bills, if your dds are being bounced te bills aren't getting paid anyway are they? And you can always send Postal orders, or pay with that Paysmart thingy (I can't remember what its called) but its the one in the corner shops for most things, gas, leccy, water, council tax etc.
                Is no longer here

Comment

Mocha here's some big (((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))) I'm sure you'll get this sorted pretty soon and that things WILL get better. Give the Nationwide a whirl too, our rating was shot to pieces and we still got an account, although I would advise that the Nationwide DO NOT accept the credit card size Driving Licence as i.d. we had to dig out our paper ones.
                  We don't do direct debits now if we can help it, would rather pay our bills via BACS payment, that way WE only pay when we have the money in the account and don't incur charges.

Comment

who are your credit cards with? would it be wortrh going for charges or would the unenforceable CCA route work out better for you? Just thinking credit card charges might be a bit of a quick fix to get some cash, but obviously that depends on how much the charges are if you stack it up against unenforceability
                    Is no longer here

Comment

My credit rating is 890 of 999 (ie very bad) and lloyds gave me the basic account no problem.

Post Office Card A/c - yes is just for benefits and you need an invite from the Job Centre to get one (very special isn't it lol)
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                        who are your credit cards with? would it be wortrh going for charges or would the unenforceable CCA route work out better for you? Just thinking credit card charges might be a bit of a quick fix to get some cash, but obviously that depends on how much the charges are if you stack it up against unenforceability
                        Mine are Lloyds, Cap one, and Egg. I took the cards out so I will pay them back, just means I may be paying them back at £1 a month forever.:tinysmile_twink_t2: This is why I am getting in such a pickle with BIL's claims never really paid much notice to unenforceable stuff before.

Already sent letters to reclaim the charges not much though I've always been really good till last few months.

OH has Tesco, Egg, and Cap one again I believe in paying debts back so we will be.

Been delving into my mortgage stuff and come November payment my fixed rate of 7.6 vanishes and I go to 1.75% above Libor tracker? So I think my mortgage will drop from £1320ish to about £700
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        It is just soo upsetting, I feel like I am sliding into a big black hole and nothing can pull me out of it

I don't go out and we stay in all the time, I budget super carefully, I have not brought clothes for god knows how long, I don't spend on anything frivolous. I live like a bloody pauper for christs sake and I am still drowning.
                        Last edited by Mochamoo; 17th August 2009, 20:45:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Hardship Claim
                        Me VS Abbey Win
                        BIL HSBC Credit Card
                        BIL EGG
                        BIL HSBC Loan
                        BIL PPI Win

Comment

(((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))) I know exactly how you feel sugar. I used to feel like there was this giant black hole just dragging me under and the harder i tried to sort it out the worse it got and any chink of light got snuffed by something else the instant it appeared.

Bloody money ! lol.

Been delving into my mortgage stuff and come November payment my fixed rate of 7.6 vanishes and I go to 1.75% above Libor tracker? So I think my mortgage will drop from £1320ish to about £700
                          will bloomin help won't it !

I think you are going the right way about it, get yourself on repayment plans before things go too far. It is worth sending off for the CCA's now as they are very handy negotiating tools if creditors refuse repayment proposals or send you to horrible DCAs.

If you need any help with anything you know you only have to ask and we'll help you however we can.

xxx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                            Mine are Lloyds, Cap one, and Egg. I took the cards out so I will pay them back,

Already sent letters to reclaim the charges not much though I've always been really good till last few months.

OH has Tesco, Egg, and Cap one again I believe in paying debts back so we will be.
                            Well thats the moral argument out the way then Doesn't matter if the charges are notmuch, it all helps. You will probably get a result fairly harpish from Crap One, don't be conned into accepting their first offer, file at court and you'll get the lot.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

I been with NAtwest for approx 6 months now and already they will be charging me 2 lots of £38 for not quite having enough money to pay my mortgage.

I moved to them as Abbey were charging the earth; but bloody ell; not again with this bank lol.

I appreciate I didnt have the funds to pay these payments but £38 is tooooooooooo much. Is it worth sending the first letter to them? it will only be thrown out wont it/stayed I mean...........

Just better make sure I am in credit for sure in future...

I have a claim stayed with Abbey at court stage; and am fighting to claim me cap one credit charges back and am getting help from Budgie with the POC before putting to court.

It makes you sooooo angry that they charge so much!

Bar stewards!!!

Comment

Have applied to every single account known to man kind this morning so far no one has said yes, half told me to do one, other half said hmmm we will think about it.

Signed up to all of Shas's mystery shopping things (was already signed up to 2 of them 0

Wrote to Elec, Gas and Water saying in financial trouble I know I said I'd pay you at the end of the month that is now not likely to happen can I set up a payment plan of £10 a month

Dear Sirs,

My partner recently lost her job and we are now in financial hardship (please see attached Income and expenditure form).

I would like to propose that for the next 3 months I make reduced monthly payments of £10 per month. I am sure that my partner will have a new job by then and we will be able to start making full repayments again.

Thank you for your understanding,

Regards
                                Do I need to add to it? (I hate writing letters) Will post it at 5

Natwest already cancelled all my DD's for me lol the joys of bouncing DD's mean they all get cancelled lol.

The rest of this week I'm manic busy, onsite tomorrow measuring up, then have to submit plans, proposal presentations and a billion other things by Friday for the Tennants meeting Monday morning just to make things harder my software has gone tits up and I have to do everything by hand......

Flangies, I will let someone else answer you I am struggling to help myself at the moment so nervous about advising anyone else IMO all banks are evil meanies and they enjoy charging you
                                Last edited by Mochamoo; 18th August 2009, 13:41:PM.

My Hardship Claim
                                Me VS Abbey Win
                                BIL HSBC Credit Card
                                BIL EGG
                                BIL HSBC Loan
                                BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X