• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shas V :) Co-op

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shas V Co-op

Thanks Bill! I would hope so as it's my land lol.
    :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

Originally posted by shas View Post
      I'm just wondering....because it scared the kids, can I call the police or threaten to if they illegally come near me or our home again?
      Yes, if they scare your kids this is harrassment and you can call the police as it is a criminal offence. You can also apply without notice for an emergency injunction restraining further harrasment.

In the meantime, you may want to send a letter revoking implied permission for them to enter your land to come to your door. One of the other site members has an excellent template. They are then also trespassing if they ignore this.

Comment

Thank you! It's a little difficult to navigate from my Phone but will look out for it
        :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
          Hi Shas

Seen you met my Grumpy old mate then?--pmsl

Turbs x

Shas

The clue is in the green bit at right hand side of one of the posters-pmsl

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Hi all, I thought I should add to this (in case someone's following it) that I was offered a 50% off incentive to settle both accounts. The time has passed for this Offer now.
              I've also received 2 letters from howard Cohen solicitors asking me to sign a standing order mandate for both accounts...I have ignored all.

Comment

I'm just wondering.... Because its been 2 Years since the co-op wrote to me saying no signed agreements could be located for these accounts...should I send the letter asking them to remove all information regarding ceasing processing data with immediate effect

Comment

Just a quick update, these accounts are currently with Lowell financial who are saying they know I'm a homeowner & that they are disappointed in me not clearing this debt.

Quite a scary read at first but will file their mountain of paperwork with the rest!

Comment

Originally posted by shas View Post
                    Just a quick update, these accounts are currently with Lowell financial who are saying they know I'm a homeowner & that they are disappointed in me not clearing this debt.

Quite a scary read at first but will file their mountain of paperwork with the rest!
                    It may be better to inform them of the fact that the OC has already stated the agreements could not be located, rather than ignoring them. Debt purchasers buy accounts in bulk without any paperwork, they wouldn't be aware of that fact.

Lowell have been issuing Statutory Demands like confetti lately, :rant: there are lots of threads on here about them (although most are in the VIP area, accessible only to those who make a small donation). As they know you are a homeowner, they may well decide you are a good target for BR proceedings.:shocked:

See the graph below, those are actual bankruptcy orders granted, not SDs issued!:scared:

Comment

I have done & they have replied with their automated response of....

I confirm that your query has now been passed to the Customer Services Department who will carry out a thorough review.
                      We will respond as soon as possible but this may take up to 28 working days.
                      In the meantime, I can assure you that the account will be placed on hold, and we will stop all collections activity whilst dealing with your query.

See what happens!

Comment

That's good news, it will stop them issuing one of their SDs. :grin:

Comment

Gotta love lowells

They are now dealing with my old credit card. Amusingly they have purchased it while the original creditor was investigating their own balls up.

Enter Lowells who wrote to me telling me that the OC was not aware of any complaint so i should pay up. A polite dear ******s get ta **** outta here, and heres a copy of the letter from the OC confirming that there was a dispute so stop the bullshyte and behave, was met by them crawling back under their rock,

Interestingly i hope t hey do issue a SD against me, cos the debt in its true form is under £700 which i have told them i would pay on conditions, and they dont seem to want to answer me now.
                          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                            Gotta love lowells

They are now dealing with my old credit card. Amusingly they have purchased it while the original creditor was investigating their own balls up.

Enter Lowells who wrote to me telling me that the OC was not aware of any complaint so i should pay up. A polite dear ******s get ta **** outta here, and heres a copy of the letter from the OC confirming that there was a dispute so stop the bullshyte and behave, was met by them crawling back under their rock,

Interestingly i hope t hey do issue a SD against me, cos the debt in its true form is under £700 which i have told them i would pay on conditions, and they dont seem to want to answer me now.
                            Yes, it's funny how they and other low-life back away when they realise you understand the law just as well, if not, better than they do. In my experience, only the ones sufficiently stupid enough to carry on regardless are the ones who get a slap when they go too far.
                            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X