• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mobile Phone Directory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Phone Directory

Not sure if anyone has seen this (can't find any reference to it on site) but it may be of interest to some who don't want their mobile number bandied around to all and sundry.

I believe there is a deadline to ensure your mobile number is ex-directory

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ch/8091621.stm

jaxx

Re: Mobile Phone Directory

I'm exceptionally sceptical about this..
    After all they wont have pay as you go accounts nor corporate ones, just everyday contracts, so check your air time agreement.

Comment

They do have PAYG numbers which means retailers or anyone else you've given your number to must be selling it on

Comment

Interesting.
        So does it actually cover all of those freebie SIMs the operators give out regularly ?

Comment

I suspect it does if it can be linked to a name

Comment

I received via post several Sim cards in my name, all are now in use with various family members so will be interesting to see who is included once I unsubscribe.

Comment

I must had had hundreds of the freebie sims over the years,

Well I suppose it will keep the DCAs busy if they have to call each one to try and find me..lol

Comment

Well seems it's all broked before it's even got off the floor: Mobile directory blames press for latest failure • The Register

Shame

Comment

Am I wrong in thinking that everyone who logs on to this site, even those demanding their numbers be removed, can then be traced through their ISP address thereby linking their mobile with an actual home/work address?

Comment

Maybe

Obviously the actual physical location would have be secured via a court order, but finding the posters ISP is dead easy.

Comment

Is this not even more worrying - also are you sure a court order would be needed? as I have heard that actual addresses have been obtained without any such order

Comment

As the allocation of IP's is classed as personal data, there would need to be disclosure to ascertain the address of the actual connection.

that being said the actual user's ident would be neigh on impossible to determined, as the IP simple points to the internet access device, normally a router and NOT a specific person.

Comment

Thanks another myth debunked

Comment

Which one ??

Comment

Are you saying whilst not possible to ID the user it is possible to ID the location of the router? eg such & such a router is at such & such an address

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X