• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

6+ years claim **** Offer Received ****

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 6+ years claim **** Offer Received ****

Originally posted by archer_66 View Post
    just phoned again. branch is busy so was put through to customer services. she had no record of the letter and phoned credit management for me. they had no idea about where it had gone either. i have to take a copy upto the branch to fax it to credit management team. i could happily sit down in a corner and cry right now
    x
    Don't cry, nip down to your local branch(saturday opening branches) and get em to fax it over. Ask them for Fax confirmation.

Comment

thanks mochamoo xx
      and nattie i did go up to the branch and faxed it to them and i asked for proof and its printed on the letter they faxed.
      good job i had the fax number though cos she didnt know it . and she asked if it it was expected and i said yes.xxx

Comment

well received 2 letters today off natwest, both saying that the money has already been put into my account. as if i didnt know already...
        and thursday i think it was , i had both my bills back off them, the ones that were in the original appropriation letter that they didnt receive when i handed it into the branch!
        i have wrote them back saying that none of my letters have been addressed , the appropriaiotn letter, offer to repay overdraft and the original claim i put that hasnt been refunded... ive told them i want a response to the questions in 7 days or ill be reporting them to OFT.
        im not sure what else to do to be honest.they do not seem interested at all , no surprise there though, and if they do reply in 7 days ill prob die of shock anyway! haha

Comment

got a letter yesterday saying they have received my letter i handed into branch .and confirmed i took out 509 pound and that the account is now closed.... no mention of the fact it was a letter of appropriation....

Comment

Originally posted by archer_66 View Post
            got a letter yesterday saying they have received my letter i handed into branch .and confirmed i took out 509 pound and that the account is now closed.... no mention of the fact it was a letter of appropriation....
            Were the bills paid? Was the settlement 100% of the claim?

Comment

no not all of them, my claim that was stayed went back more than 6 yrs. they offered me just over £1300. but when i queried it going into my account i was told the amount they had offered me was for the last 6 yrs and not anything before then. so basically i was duped into accepting. i hadnt put in the stayed claim the charges that were making me overdrawn on the account (charges were put on hold after a while .overdraft consisted solely of charges from one direct debit which were accrued after i put my claim in)
              so the money was put into the account which had been put on hold, and the overdraft was paid off and left me with £509. the bills came to more than twice that.
              i put in a first right of appropriation but basically theyve not mentioned it at all. now the account has been shut down.(bearing in mind the account was overdrawn due to their charges)
              i have another account so i dont really mind about that , just cheeky thats all.
              ive wrote to them asking about what happened with regards to the FROA letter and also what happened to the money from the stayed claim.. havent heard anything yet theyre taking about 3 weeks to reply to letters.
              just getting me on a line... very devious they are
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              i have told them i shall be reporting them to OFT if i dont get answers,but that will take ages
              Last edited by archer_66; 23rd April 2009, 20:54:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks Archer, if you can give me details and copies of the letter you sent re FROA and which branch you took it to, dates etc, I'll take it to the guy I' talking to at RBS about FROA, tell him errr no actually it doesnt work.

Re the amount you accepted, don't forget its not a fulll and fnial settlement, its an interim payment based on hardship.

Also did you send in the letter offering the repayent plan on what would be left on the overdraft if they agreed with the FROA.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

where do you want me to send the letter to you? copy and paste on here ? and yes i did send a letter for offer of repayment, still not heard anything ,but hasnt been 3 weeks yet! lol

Comment

amethyst@legalbeagles.info

Thanks honey xx
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Good luck to you, archer!
                      What a wearying process this can be. But with the good people here I am sure you will win!

(PS I'm sorry I have not popped into here for such a long time... many things have happened, my husband was in hospital for a week, my telephone and internet were off for a week due to a silly BT staff member, and I've been up to my neck finishing off my year at work) but I have not forgotten the help I received.)

Comment

hi hope things are looking up for you now xx
                        im waiting now for the decision fron the OFT case this month... fingers crossed
                        x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X