• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

mbna/virgin card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mbna/virgin card

Hi There
    Please Excuse My Lack Of Computer Skills-i Struggled To Get This Far Again!
    I Wonder If I Can Ask You To Look Over A Mbna Agreement From 2004 For Me Please And Advise If It Is Enforceable
    Thanks

P.s. I Use Capitals As I Can See Them Easier!

Re: mbna/virgin card

I am sure somebody would be more than happy to help you, but you are going to need to scan and post it up, unless you plan on typing it all out...

Comment

I Shall Get My Son To Do So Tomorrow-thank You

Comment

hi again
        this is a copy mbna supplied (of poor quality so i hope it is readable) i would appreciate it if someone could cast an opinion on it to see if it is enforceable.
        thanks

Comment

Barring the legibility aspect - which they can overcome by producing the original if they hold it, it looks enforceable despite being an application form. All terms in left hand column and signature on same page. No box for virgin/mbna to sign mind. anyway just my opinion so see what the others think as I am by no means on earth an expert lol.

Anyway that being by the by, whats the position with your debt on this ? are you making minimum repayments on time etc ? Have they hiked up your interest rate to something daft lately, and do you have any charges for late payments/overlimits that you could look at reclaiming ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi There
            I Fell Ill A Couple Of Years Ago And As I Was Self Employed There Was No Insurance Cover On Any Of The Cards That I Had. This One Is On An Arrangement Worked Out With Cab And They Are Not Charging Interest At The Moment But There Were A Lot Of Charges For Missed Payments Prior To This.
            I Was Hoping That It Wasn't Enforceable As They Don't Offer Any Help-just Charges When Things Go Wrong.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by loopy View Post
              Hi There
              I Fell Ill A Couple Of Years Ago And As I Was Self Employed There Was No Insurance Cover On Any Of The Cards That I Had. This One Is On An Arrangement Worked Out With Cab And They Are Not Charging Interest At The Moment But There Were A Lot Of Charges For Missed Payments Prior To This.
              I Was Hoping That It Wasn't Enforceable As They Don't Offer Any Help-just Charges When Things Go Wrong.
              Thanks

You can still claim your charges back, even if it is enforceable.
              Have you all the stsements with the charges on, or know how much they come to?

Comment

I Don't Have The Statements With The Charges On-should I Apply For Copies?are They Obliged To Supply Them?

Comment

What was the initial credit limit when you first took out the card? I know Pt posted OTR that these agreements may fall down because the credit limit may be mis stated on the 'agreement' to that which was given when you first took out the card.

I have copied the below post

"let me expand slightly

The law as we all know requires a "A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement"

So on the MBNA agreement it says £1000, £3000 & £5000 yes?

and under each amount of credit it says the various rates , Yes?

So what if your credit limit isnt there?

What if your credit limit was £10,000? £15,000 ???

there is nothing within the agreement to qualify the rate of interest if your credit limit isnt set out on the agreement? with me so far?

So MBNA may try and argue that the full details are found in a set of terms and conditions somewhere which we dont know about blah blah blah

Well that angle fails at the first hurdle as the Agreement Regulations , at Reg 2(4) requires all this info to be set out as a whole and not interspersed with other info so it cannot be set out elsewhere "
                  Last edited by Tools; 31st May 2009, 18:10:PM. Reason: removed CAGs rediculous popups

Comment

Originally posted by loopy View Post
                    I Don't Have The Statements With The Charges On-should I Apply For Copies?are They Obliged To Supply Them?

Yes they are obliged ot supply them and indeed all the info they hold on you.
                    Here is how to reclaim your CC charges Legal Beagles

Comment

The Initial Credit Limit Was In The Region Of £2000 When Taken Out In 2004 But Was Gradually Increased To Over £9000

Comment

i have downloaded the template letter to try to claim the charges back-thank you.
                        i also had a letter from them(mbna) this week saying that if i don't pay£1425.78 by 25-5 2009 i will be in default.needless to say i don't have that kind of money
                        as far as i can remember when the agreement was taken out i was informed of the credit limit at that time and made all payments.during the following years they put the limit up -i did not ask for it to be raised.i had a lloyds tsb card and made a balance transfer as the interest rate on the virgin one was better.
                        i would like an opinion if this agreement would be enforceable and if the copy i posted on the 25th is not clear enough to read i shall ask for another.
                        thanks

Comment

ZZZZZZZ?

Comment

can you read the copy or is it as poor quality as it comes out on here ?

heres another 03/04 one 2003 MBNA :: mbna 2003 001 picture by citizenba - Photobucket from CAG

also poor quality.

how much do you think the charges are?

You need to tell mbna you are reclaiming charges and the accounts in dispute before they default you as it should put the kybosh on the default.

the agreement was based on a £2000 limit - the t&c's updated as the limit increased - the £2000 limit rate is shown on the agreement?
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I Can Just About Read It-there Is No Credit Limit On The Application Form
                              I Will Inform Them Immediately Of The Dispute And I Think That The Charges Will Be In The Region Of £400
                              Do You Think That I Should Ask For A Better Copy And Is The Application Form And The Agreement One And The Same?
                              Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X