• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Water billing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water billing

While the Billing code works for Gas & Electricity, is there a similar thing for water, or is it the same deal ??

Re: Water billing

No idea hun, would be nice to find out though.

Comment

Maybe this will help

OfwatOfwat home page

Comment

I had a dig through ofwat last night I couldn't find anything of use.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
          I had a dig through ofwat last night I couldn't find anything of use.

From what I can see each water authority has its own codes of practice and methods they use for complaints.

and ofwat is a very funny word imo lol

Comment

You got me thinking there and on further digging I found this:
            Bills are sent out in March for the coming year and can be paid in full by 1 April, in two instalments (April and October), or by monthly instalments. We will send you a reminder bill for the October instalment, unless you have already paid the whole amount.
            Now as my Brother moved OUT of the property in FEB he is not liable for this charge. Shame...

Comment

Would just like to mention that my water company threatened court action if I did not pay charges in advance of my using the services. I told them to take the court action, but they backed off.

I would never pay for water charges in advance, and they can't force you to. I realise that if you pay by Direct Debit you can save a bit of money by paying your water bill in two upfront installments, but if you don't pay in this way, why would you want to pay for services you haven't even had yet? Water companies are no more entitled to collect charges in advance than your window cleaner.

Comment

My payments are weekly, I do though pay a month at a time in front only so I don't get behind with it. I pay them online and it is easy to do.

Comment

Rang South West Water to-day as had a letter from them giving me 7 days to respond to a payment request, clever buggers it was dated 7 days ago arriving to-day, anyway asked operator for his name he gave christian name only, I asked his surname or company ID No, he refused, I pointed out once before a company denied a Fred worked for them, being a bit deaf I do tend to raise my voice but cannot help that I gave up on him and closed call. I rang and got another operator gave up asking her name her English not bad but great difficulty for me to understand, anyway after raising voice as having line trouble she snapped, eventualy giving info I wanted or as I now Know in correct, anyway she said I will put phone down okay I said but I still wish to make payment although the bill is from 2 mistakes your call centre made a year ago regarding repayments plan, anybody else had problems with water call centres???

Baically their giro pay in slips I got are up to date for payments, but they say I owed two installments, would not answer why when all payment as per their latest instalment slips were up to date.

Comment

Got a legal department Threatogram about papers being prepared as I have not paid instalments, rectify (clever) again by to-day, they must post out 6 days after printing letter giving 7 days response time, So rang them, to be told destroy and ignore letter, you are in advance of payments, funny their letter dated the same day I had Hassle with their call centre staff, being vicious I wonder???

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X