• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MIKE770 v Capital One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MIKE770 v Capital One

If they have informed you the CCA cannot be produced then tell them you no longer wish to receive anything more from them
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Sounds about right.

CQ's main threat centre is in Scotland and they have little grasp of both DPA and CCA

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
        Sounds about right.

CQ's main threat centre is in Scotland and they have little grasp of both DPA and CCA

Sorry the agreement was a repayment,( reduced) agreement they were refering to as of a previous item

Comment

Aaah, your reduced repayments agreement?
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
            Sounds about right.

Sorry the agreement was a repayment,( reduced) agreement they were refering to as of a previous item No

Must of had 4/5 phone calls from them to-day, some on answer machine some just ringing. Not responded of course,

Comment

phone calls started to-day 1 all ready on answer machine.

Comment

Had a letter from Ombudsman reference my complaint (charges refund lack of from cap 1) giving me reference Number, letter arrived yesterday.:beagle:

Comment

Each time you speak to them and tell them it is in dispute, quote the FOS reference number and hang up

Comment

Capquest could not wait until 30 Nov as per their threatogram earlier. before passing to H.L. Solicitors, who have now written to me, I have until 9 Nov to pay or legal action may be taken, still getting a lot of calls from them, they must of had my Bemused letter I sent to them in the middle of last week.
                    Last edited by MIKE770; 30th October 2009, 08:48:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                      Capquest could not wait until 30 Nov as per their threatogram earlier. before passing to H.L. Solicitors, who have now written to me, I have until 9 Nov to pay or legal action may be taken, still getting a lot of calls from them, they must of had my Bemused letter I sent to them in the middle of last week.

BUMP

Comment

If no CCA exists then they cannot enforce legal action. Ask them to supply a copy of the agreement on which they would base their legal action.

Comment

Ignore letters from HL Legal as they are purchased in bulk by CQ to further their, alleged, intimidation.

I previously reported them to the LCS (Law Society) over this activity, and basically got no where.

There are a number of Solicitors-For-hire like this and they are as toothless as the DCA's that the debt was "sold" to..

HL Legal

File if under I

Comment

I have a similar problem as Mike, Cap One debt has been passed to Capquest. Cap One have only sent me a copy of an mail-shot application form which they claim is a 'true copy of the CCA' it has no presribed terms but has my signature on it. I have written to Cap One and am still awaiting a reply but in the meantime the debt without my knowledge has been transferred to Capquest. So far They have given me seven days before calling me again as on their records they cannot find any evidence of my letter. I said that the matter was with Cap One NOT with them and my communications will continue with Cap One until my complaint was resolved. Capquest were not happy with this, they claim that all correspondence should be with them now! A few months ago I challenged Cap One about charges which would have written half my debt off with them but they only refused to give me a poultry £90 refund. I signed the letter accepting it after challenging them for more but they refused to budge and now the matter has escalated to all this nonsense! The debt is just under £800 but I am having financial hardship and since they don't have an enforceable CCA I don't see why I should have to pay them a penny more. Its their stupid call centres on the other side of the planet with their bully-superior type attitude that really got up my nose!

Comment

bump
                              Last edited by MIKE770; 1st November 2009, 11:49:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Is there a question unanswered Mike, apologies if it was missed, if so refresh my/our memory

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X