• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Papalazarou vs Barclays Business Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Papalazarou vs Barclays Business Claim

As far as we can see, there is NO consent form. Reading the court paperwork, the stay that was imposed on 30th December 2008 is lifted and the claim is allocated to the Small Claims Track, a hearing of 4 hours has been allocated, all relevant paperwork to be submitted by 29 June 2009. It seems that Barclays got a verbal agreement from my mate to avoid the 18th May court date.

Comment

Right as I can't see the court paperwork will go on that

How much is the charges claim for btw?

Will work on a consent order draft...it has to been in writing and submitted to the court signed by both parties.

also, you get WHY Barclays just rolled over on the stay lift application now?

The Salford case bundle is in this forum, and I expect that is what they will submit in your friends case too, so have a read
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Will dig through the paperwork and put on here as much as I can, thanks for your help!!!

Comment

Ok the letter from Barclays originally about the adjourning for an hour and consent order - nothing happened with that at all?

I'll wait till you come back before doing anything, bear in mind barclays will be preparing their bundles (or photocopying the salford one) and might try for wasted costs if you just pull out without a consent order to the contrary.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

First post

[edit:attachments removed for personal details removing]
            Last edited by Tools; 31st May 2009, 19:31:PM.

Comment

Thank you xx have unapproved the docs temporarily as they have your friends address on. Will redact and put back up shortly.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Name, address, claim number and court identity removed.
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks Tools :kiss:
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sorry about that, didn't know that what I had to do.
                    Will do the rest and upload later.

Comment

thanks Papa, just for your security, although this forum is relatively private it is still best to redact your personal details from letters/documents uploaded.

The second letter from barclays is interesting.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hope you don't mind me butting in - only I am in exactly same position as Papa - received the threatening letter quoting the Salford case early May (may remember my post back then) - I refused to withdraw claim - my claim is still stayed but today received identical letter to doc 10 &11 in Tools 31st May post. My claim is from April 2000 to June 2004 - Barclays seem to be putting alot reliance on the 2001 T&C's what about T&C's prior to then?

Comment

Pre feb 2001 they weren't looked at in the test case for barclays - you can see all the T&Cs looked at in Appendix b of the oft particulars of claim for the test case - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/per.../scheduleb.XLS (excel file) you need to select the barclays sheet from the bottom of the page.

wihtdrawal wise we think you really should try get a no costs agreement from Barclays and liberty to restore in the future should anything further come to light.....basically a complete stay until after the test case is all done and dusted, but by way of consent/tomlin order rather than application to court.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

What is the tomlin order ? Is there a draft / template I could use
                            cheers

Comment

Any advice on the next step? Would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comment

Trying to get our paperwork ready today, and idea of the wording of the tomlin??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X