• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Citi Cards serve default notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citi Cards serve default notice

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help me here. I have a credit card debt with Citi cards and had come to an arrangement to pay them £15 a month since I was made redundant. I kept to the agreement, but have now received a letter to say that they will be serving me with a default notice as of 22/05/09, unless I can pay the full amount withing 1 month. The total is about £4000+. The letter also states that they will be selling my account onto a third party and will have to pay them. I have one more payment to make this month and then it will be with someone else. Is there a way to avoid the default notice? ( I take it to avoid that I would have to pay the full amount, which is not possible) Also, what action do I need to take now, as I want to pay my date, but will and can only stick to paying £15 a month. Not quite sure what route to take for now, its obvious that I will be dealing with a DCA, which I don't like dealing with as they seem to been rather nasty.

Any help will be truly appreciated.

Thanks

Tya

Re: Citi Cards default notice as of 22/05/09

Have you had any charges on this account? I think its time to reclaim them.

Comment

Yes I have. What is the first letter that I need to send them?

Thanks

Tya

Comment

Originally posted by Tya View Post
        Yes I have. What is the first letter that I need to send them?
        There is a link in my signature to Credit card claim guide

PKea

Comment

Hi Pkea,

Many thanks for this information, truly appreciated.

Tya

Comment

What to do before receiving a default notice?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all of you who have helped me so far.

Just wanted to find out, if there is anything else I can do in regards to Citi cards issueing me with a default notice? I will be claming my charges back, but no one has advised me in what I should do in regards to the default?

Quick recap, was made redundant in Sept 08, contacted all creditors to let them know if situation and made arrangements to pay less. Interests stopped with Citi and they excepted £15 per month for which I kept up. I owe the £4000+, but received letter today saying that if I don't pay the arrears by 22/05/09 they will put a default on my credit card and may sell my account to a third party. What do I need to do for now? Wait for the 3rd party to contact me, or contact Citi cards again, as I kept up my agreement. Also, please note again, I will be claiming back my charges from them.

Many thanks.

Tya

Comment

Citi Cards serve default notice

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help me here. I have a credit card debt with Citi cards and had come to an arrangement to pay them £15 a month since I was made redundant. I kept to the agreement, but have now received a letter to say that they will be serving me with a default notice as of 22/05/09, unless I can pay the full amount within 1 month. Basically the letter is dated 8th May 2009 and they have said that they will serve a default notice. The total is about £4000+. The letter also states that they will be selling my account onto a third party and will have to pay them. I have one more payment to make this month and then it will be with someone else. Is there a way to avoid the default notice? ( I take it to avoid that I would have to pay the full amount, which is not possible) Also, what action do I need to take now, as I want to pay my date, but will and can only stick to paying £15 a month. Not quite sure what route to take for now, its obvious that I will be dealing with a DCA, which I don't like dealing with as they seem to been rather nasty.

Can I please add, that I will be asking for a refund of all my charges on my account and will be doing a SARS letter which I will send tomorrow. But, my concern is that I have to give them 40 days for a response. Will they still be able to give me a default notice as I will be disputing this account? Also, I don't have all my copies of my statements, so can I still send a second letter straightaway asking for a refund of all my charges? If I fo both of these, at least by recorded delivery, they would have been logged. Will this help?

Any help will be truly appreciated.

Thanks

Tya

Comment

Re: credit card

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                There's details here: Legal Beagles and further details here: Budgie's strategy for reclaiming credit card charges - Legal Beagles
                Basically it's a case of requesting all the statements and totalling the charges from there.
                Hi Curlyben,

I have received a notice of default letter from Citi cards which they are saying will be served 28 days from the 8/05/09 even though I received the letter today. I'm sending of for my SARS, but can I send of for a CCA aswell. If so, what CCA lette should I send them? I don't seem to have much time but want to avoid the default notice. Please note, I have been paying them a reduced payment due to redundancy, but I believe they want to increase my payments, and will sell my debt onto a third party as stated in the letter.

Help much appreciated.

Thya
                Last edited by Tools; 2nd December 2013, 23:24:PM.

Comment

Honestly, you wont "avoid" the default at all.
                  These things are computer generated and as such unstoppable.

BUT getting a CCA request into them firmly puts the account into dispute until they comply.
                  As this is the OC a simple CCA would be the best approach, there's one here: Legal Beagles

Don't worry about the other rubbish in the nastygram as they are simply empty threats.
                  Yes, DCA's can be scary, but on the whole they are powerless muppets..

Comment

Thanks, much appreciated.

Tya

Comment

Re: Citi Cards serve default notice

3 threads merged

PKea

Comment

I should add that Citi are not the easiest to get charges back from. They do seem to take it all the way to the wire. I got a partial repayment from them a couple of years ago, then bottled out. At the time they were turning up in court quite often. Haven't really been following Cit much recnetly, so things may have changed.
                        Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                          I should add that Citi are not the easiest to get charges back from. They do seem to take it all the way to the wire. I got a partial repayment from them a couple of years ago, then bottled out. At the time they were turning up in court quite often. Haven't really been following Cit much recnetly, so things may have changed.

Thanks for your advice. I'm in for the long haul. When you have been made redundant, you have plenty of time to really get stuck in with things. And thats what I intend to do!

Will keep you all updated. I have posted my CCA and SARS letter this morning, and await their response....

Once again, thanks to everyone who has helped me so far. This website is fantastic and I will be telling others about it. Keep up the good work!

Tya

Comment

Originally posted by Liliany
                            I do agree with your opinions.Thanks for your appreciation.I really appreciate for giving this information.Very well said, thanks for all.
                            If you keep posting MBNA links you will be banned for spamming. Do you work for them? fess up or face banning

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X