• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Agreement request to Capital One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Agreement request to Capital One

I have been contacting Capital One since Feb 09 requesting a signed Credit Agreement, today I got my first reply! they have sent me a blank credit agreement it has no details on it relating to me, within the letter they sent they have said:
    "In addition, your personal details, the signature box, signature and date of signature have been omitted from the copy provided as permitted under Regulation 3 of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copy Documents) Regulations 1983."

Could you please advise me as to whether this is correct and what my next course of action in this matter should be.

Thank you.

Re: Credit Agreement request to Capital One

Sounds like Cap1 "normal" response to CCA's at present.
    They are simply responding with current T&C's that have nothing to identify them as your own, there isn't even a gap where they might of removed information !!!

What they are saying is partly true, but to enforce the agreement then they MUST furnish a true copy, otherwise they will be laughed out of court.

Comment

Thanks for that reply Curlyben, I have sent 3 letters requesting a true signed copy of the aggrement do you suggest I send another letter or would I be better going down the route of court action? I have given them firstly 12 days then a further 30 days with the second letter my third letter informed them that I did not acknowledge any debt to them as the had failed to supply me with a true signed copy of my credit agreement, which was when they sent me the blank agreement, I am unsure as to what my next action should be I understand what you are saying that this is a normal response from Capital One but I am not sure whether I should try again with another letter or not? any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank You.

Comment

Well as they are well outside of the normal CCA deadlines there's a couple of things you can do.
        I wouldn't bother with any more letters to them at all, but a report to Trading Standards would be in order.
        Also you could consider serving an Injunction against them taking action without the compliant agreement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X