• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

mis-sold loan ( lloyds)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mis-sold loan ( lloyds)

Hiya
    Am disputing what i belive to be a miss sold loan, have complaint with FOS and that is now on hold due to thier back log.

Lloyds would not uphold my complaint and i replied in depth regarding thier discussting reasons.

I have now been asked to call regarding some of the issues i have highlighted in my reply.

Im in 2 minds as i never... ring LLoyds, they lie on the calls and do not uphold agreements made in voice.

Im concerned i could jepordise the case if i refuse.

Any views on this one.

I will post letters to date below.
    Thanks

Thank you for your letter dated 27th July 2007

I write to advise that I am unhappy regarding your response to my complaint and also the length of time in which it has taken to reply.

If I understand your final paragraph. What happens next? I am to reply if I need more help, in the possibility that an agreement maybe reached.

Therefore I have to ask after waiting over 8 weeks why would there be any further help available with in this complaint and why would there be an outstanding possibility of an agreement that is not offered with in your letter. I find the length of time waiting for the response I have received is extremely unfair and so will be forwarding a copy, along with a copy of this reply to the FOS, Who has been aware of my complaint since 21st May 2007.

Your response.
    • You state you have not changed my mum’s financial position,

You have placed Mum in a position that will cost her extra in interest to return borrowed funds, and you have also left her in the position with available Overdrafts at £500 and £300 of which would have been used again. This is due to the fact that mums Overdrafts already sustained her basic standard of living, which has now been placed below a basic standard of living due to this £46.

so not only would mum still be using her Overdrafts for her basic standard of living but she would have also need to use her Overdraft facility to repay this loan, therefore I see your statement that you have not changed my mothers finances to be totally inadequate. As you state mum already owed the money and as a responsible lender, I fail to see how mum was allowed to actually get into this debit in the first place. Her income did not warrant such overdrafts and most definitely not a loan.

• You gave mum a structured repayment programme for her borrowing.

As I have stated above, a borrowing that should never have been allowed to grow to the extent it did. Mums income was nowhere near the amount of which her overdraft was allowed to grow. Yet at no time did you contact her for a revised assessment when it was obviously getting out of control, but yet still after refinancing her with a loan, you leave both her overdrafts accessible with an additional £900 on both accounts upon request.
    • You state you have effectively allowed mum to reduce her overdraft by £50 a month.

You have not effectively done this, what you have done is signed mum up to an agreement where she has to with out fail pay you £46 a month from her pension, were as a £50 reduction a month of her overdrafts would have stopped the Overdrafts at the limits they were. As it is the only thing you have done effectively is cleared the overdrafts ready for mum to reuse to live her basic standard of living and pay you the loan as stated above.

However with the reduction of the £50 a month mum would have had no choice but to approach a debit advisory service or a family member for help, Rather than be given a false sense of security that her income was at a healthy level by being written a loan.
    • You state that the conduct of my mums account is the basis for the lending of this loan.

My mums accounts were both severely overdrawn therefore I fail to see how this can be used to show a sign of good conduct; however it is a positive sign that my mums finances were out of control, Therefore I fail to see how you warrant applying a loan to mums accounts. As the overdrawn status is an obvious sign her income was not enough for her out goings.
    • You state mum was happy to sign the terms and conditions.

As I fully believe my mum was never offered an alternative option, along with the fact that mum was not under the full understanding of what she was signing.

I believe my mum signed paper work as it was put in front of her with out the full knowledge of its true meaning, as is the case with the personnel check list, a copy of which I have forwarded to the FOS.

I also believe that she was not given adequate guidance through this loan, and was not given the option to read the terms and conditions, as these would have taken her days to complete. Therefore I have to ask if my mum were only presented with the signature page of the terms and conditions, would she have known to view the terms and conditions and is there anything on this page that advises it is one of many others.

The way in which this sale was completed is highly questionable and a copy of the personnel checklist has been sent to the FOS for their viewing, as I feel this was a misrepresented form and if this is found to be the case then I would have to question what and how mum was presented with in this sale.

5a. You also state that you would not want a customer to sign an agreement unless they were happy with it.

Then I have to ask how would a customer know the sale to be a correct and accurate agreement, if they did not have access to their personnel check list or have the knowledge to understand the process. Which is also why I feel my mum signing an agreement that is uncancellable under the consumer credit act to be unfair and irresponsible?
    • You advise my mum has had loans in the passed with no problems and so were happy to agree a new loan.

Could it be that as my mum has understood the lending process in the passed then she is expected to understand it forever? My mum’s situation has changed dramatically since she last applied for a loan from your selves. Especially financially and she is now paying £280 more a month for her rent and up to £30 a month on health needs.

Mum now requires much more support mentally and physically from family and friends, which is why I am complaining regarding what I believe to be a miss sold loan.

Mum has also been acknowledged by the state to be living under the financial threshold for a pensioner and is now in the process of receiving housing benefit and pension credit.
    Therefore if the state acknowledges mum as needing financial support, I do not see how you had grounds to lend her money, Irrespective of her debit through her overdrafts, of which I strongly believe should have been stopped and addressed accordingly through debit management.

As I have stated above I am extremely unhappy with your response and will now forward a copy of your letter and my reply to the FOS.

I also wish to reiterate my request for a copy of the income and expenditure sheet as completed with mum in the sale of her loan, this is a required sheet with in any loan, and is kept at branch level. I have now requested this 3 times and see your lack of co operation to supply this form as an obstruction against the gathering of evidence for what we believe to be a very necessary and fair complaint.

Yours sincerely

Re: miss sold loan ( lloyds)

I have now recieved a letter asking i call to discuss my reply...? i just don't trust them. i have pointed out many issues with in this sale and the misrepresentation of the loan check list is a clincher.

The personnel loan check list is on the front side of the direct debit mandate.
    Mum signed the direct debit authorisation which also signs the personnel check list which reads...i sign and agree i have been advised all the ticked boxes above, these boxes relate to seeing the T&C and the data protection act and the consumer credit act and you sign the document to say you have seen them all.

All the boxes where ticked, but by the salesmans pen.
    Mum fully belived this document was a direct debit authorisation sheet.
    Last edited by pam1; 18th August 2007, 18:56:PM.

Comment

Hi Pam. Just a quick question to start.

Have you sent them a full Data Protection Act, requesting ALL information?

Don't ring them. Get them to put their reply in writing, otherwise they'll only deny / lie about it in court.

Matt

Comment

yes thanks Matt I'm kicking them nice and sweet, did same procedures as my charges claiming.

They are with holding the I&E form which I feel is essential to this decision.

Mums overdarfts combined was £1250 when she went into the Branch and walked out with a £1650 loan. Apparently she was asked if she is buying anything soon. She was due to buy a settee of which we had the funds and purchase date all booked in. She descussed the product with him but had no ideal he was adding it on.

Mum thought the loan was for £1250, she really has no ideal regarding finances anymore.

She told me she wrote a cheque from Lloyd's account to pay her loan last month. I had to explain she had actually paid nothing as it will come from her Overdraft and she will now just owe that amount on her overdraft.

She really has lost the concept of unseen money.

Comment

After receiving the letter requesting i call, i have been mulling over what to do. I sat down to write a letter and mum rang saying they have left a message on her answer phone " it is IMPORTANT that she ring them as soon as possible to discuss a personnel matter." naturally she will not be doing nay such thing they will tie her up in knots.

looks like a visit to the branch tomorrow just to confirm the reason and to pay the loan installment.

It does look like mum is entitled to Housing benefit, Council Tax benefit, and pension Credit.:devil: how they can say her income was worthy of a loan is crazy.

Will update more once spoken to them.

Wondering if they are panicking a bit now, nice thought.

Pam

Comment

Mum was left a message to call Lloyd's important personnel matter, it was collections and they have removed money from mums account.
            i disputed that no funds were available and all they have done is remove a figure from her overdraft. heres the letter i have sent to the FOS today it will explain better, i think the lady in Collections didn't know what she got her self into, so i did bring her down to earth but not lightly.

I rang the number in the letter above and the gentleman turned out to be very helpfull and understanding, and also a mif as to why collections have got involved but there you go to many hands not enough brians.

(I also have this issue OTR as i had started it there, but god its a snail pace)

Thank you so much for your letter dated 21st August 2007

However I feel it essential that I update a serious concern of actions that occurred today regarding my mums loan and bank account.

As you are aware I am in dispute with this loan on my mum’s behalf and I also receive letters from your selves and Lloyds to my home address. All parties are aware of this situation.

However when mum received a telephone message “Important you ring Lloyds on a personal matter” naturally I did so on her behalf and what I discovered was extremely upsetting.

The department phoning mum was the Lloyds debit collections which would have placed much fear in my mum should she of answered the phone when they rang. They advised me they had removed a loan payment from mums account.

The issue surrounding this loan has been so worrying that we actually cancelled all direct debits back in July and mum has relocated to another banking facility.

We had advised at the time of cancellation of the loan Direct Debit that the loan will be paid, but via other means and as I have been informed by the bank we have the time before another monthly payment is due to complete a payment. Lloyds removed this figure only 17days into the month and with no consultation at all, yet the collection agent insisted they had posted out a letter which is blatantly untrue.

Mums pension is essential for her living costs and I can not allow money to be removed from this prior to her needs being addressed. Therefore once her pension reaches her only then can we carry out calculations and mum with help from the family pays the loan, as she has done with out fail to date.

Sadly the conversation with Collections continued down a rocky path as I was told there were funds in mums account and they had a right to remove them, I informed them there were no funds in my mums account but a readily available overdraft conveniently left after rewriting her last overdrafts.

I insisted this is not money my mum has or owns, and this is what the whole complaint is based on, Lloyds giving mum unseen money with the heading of an overdraft. Of which Lloyds is now using to pay the Loan of which mum needed to clear her previous Overdraft of which gave her a false sense of financial security whilst being left to grow to an extensive rate well above her ability to repay.

However we had planned today to pay the loan in branch and so we proceeded to pay the money into mums account to cover the deductions caused by collections, whilst there we requested that the Overdraft amount be lowered to stop this removal of unseen money while the account was in dispute, yet this was denied as the account was with collections.

I had thought what had happened to mum previously was bad enough now this situation is out of control, or rather under Lloyds control and out of mums own, and a most disgusting way to treat a pensioner

I have stated all along mum could not afford this loan and now Lloyds have done no less than prove me correct when I stated her overdrafts were never closed as Lloyds new she would need them to cover this loan.

I am now waiting on correspondence from Mr XXXXXXXXXXXXXX a manager in XXXXXXXXXXXXXX who has helped and assisted us today, and is viewing all issues to date. I will forward to you a copy of his letter as soon as readily available.

Yours Sincerely
            Last edited by pam1; 22nd August 2007, 23:07:PM.

Comment

recievd the letter sent on the 19th charge of £25 added to loan, and £17 as long as no agreement is set in place.

Letter sent to FOS, and Mr Man at lloyds , requesting account on hold, and an update as to service customer services recovery taking action to repay this charge.

Requested mum is not to be telephoned, and account to go in dispute.

Will update as soon as.

Very tempted to take this straight to my solicitor.

Comment

Asking for gP letter regarding mums Eyes and inability to understand what she wrote, how the doc can quote on that is beyond me.

This case has become a joke, tempted to now seek legal representation, mum will qualify now legal aid. Her beenefits are through and my god how she was surviving i have no ideal.

My responce especially now i have the benefit details, looks like mum was living below here expected living allowance to the tune of £200 a month but will have to get this accurate once all benefit paperwork is in place.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....
                I am sorry that the letter from mum’s GP is not available at this time as I feel a breach of certain parts of mums privacy truly unnecessary for us to uphold are belief that this loan was miss sold. I feel we have more than enough within this complaint and therefore it is not necessary to put my mum through any more emotional strain.

I fail to see how a GP’s letter can confirm my mums miss understanding of the Consumer Credit Act, when the fact remains my mum does not know what the Consumer Credit Act is and this is what my complaint is highlighting. If a Lloyd’s employee had pointed out the Consumer Credit Act out to mum as was necessary within the personnel check list, mum may have some ideal of what it actually is, but she does not, therefore I feel you may need to address more deeply the issues I have raised in my previous letters. As even without my mums understanding taken into consideration the loan was still sold inaccurately

Regarding mums eyesight, if any person representing us in the future were to advise of an opticians report then this could be a possibility but again at this stage I feel unnecessary, when there are other strong issues unresolved.

The question of mums finances and was mum receiving an income to be in the position to have such a loan or to actually be allowed to borrow to the overdraft level that made the loan necessary is becomes ever more important as I have received information from the benefits agency today and find it even harder again to believe this loan was even offered to mum, let alone given.

I had requested a copy of the I&E sheet used in this loan, with in a face to face meeting with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Branch Manager) back in May 2007. Mr xxxxxxx advised my self, my mum, and 1 witness that this would be available but yet my requests to date have been ignored.

As you now advise your own involvement with this complaint has come to an end, I need to advise ours has not; therefore it is essential that we receive any paperwork necessary to allow us to move forward with our complaint.

I look forward to receiving mums Income and Expenditure sheet within the next 14 days.
                .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

Question now is how do i force them to supply the I&E sheet
                Last edited by pam1; 30th August 2007, 16:22:PM.

Comment

Re: mis-sold loan ( lloyds)

anyone for the question on the last post. ta ;-)

Comment

Not too sure but would it be covered in an SAR for your mum?
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Hi Wendy
                      we did the SAR it never came in that, we were promised it by the branch manager, and todate they refuse to release it.

I am hoping to find some way that we can inforce it to be shown to us as it plays a vital part in this issue.

thanks
                      Pam

Comment

Hiya again
                        Heres the link to the form that i believe was unfair and deceiving, the direct debit guarantee is on the reverse of this form.

The ticked boxes are done in the salesman's ink and mum had no ideal this paper related to the Consumer Credit Act as mum does not even know what it is. The salesman most definitely miss used this form.

The only writing carried out on this paper by mum was her signature and date.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...nchecklist.jpg

Ive decided to take it to the OFT, and see what they think as its so misleading and so easily used to mislead a sale.

Thanks for any views.
                        Pam :-)
                        Last edited by pam1; 1st September 2007, 14:37:PM.

Comment

Ok FOS now have given an adjudicator to the case.

They are not interested in mums position at the time off the Loan.
                          The paper that i was concerned, also not interested just advised but your mum signed it, she may have but its totally miss leading.

They want the I&E sheet from Lloyd's as do I.

They want an I&E of mums income for now and not then!.

They are not interested that the overdrafts were left to grow out of control.

Mum has just been allocated benefits, so i think they want to make an arrangement with Lloyd's maybe lower not sure till they look into it further.

I'm not happy to date with the FOS, there are some serious issues I want addressed irrespective of the result of money paid or money not paid.

I have been in contact with the office of fair trading who said in a few Weeks depending on FOS result they will pass me onto a local contact regarding the personnel check list and its layout for misleading people

Pam

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I've posted this over in CCS to get some more input on the CCA part of it.
                            will update any further aid in the situation.

Pam :-)

Comment

Here is the link to CCS thread am getting a some angles the assessment sheet, seems it may be inaccurately filled out.

possibly Figure juggling truth is an I&E sheet should have been carried out.

Pam

http://consumercreditsupport.co.uk/s...8814#post18814

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X