• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Couldnt have planned this BG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Couldnt have planned this BG

Well BG strikes again i had my boiler checked and paid the bill with a cheque, a guy rings me today, is it ok if we take for this Direct Debit Again??? i say what for, he says , your boiler check up....

We've already recalled this money that they have taken by mistake, ( on purpose), the agreement under which the card was given, is no longer a valid agreement as they broke it, and new agreement was boiler check up and pay by cheque, why have they still got my mums details?? and how can they ring me and ask that one its not my card?

I want to write about this its a joke what should i do it with Data protection , OFT?

BG drives me insane:argh::argh:

Comment

Ok, can I make sure I totally understand you with this prior to advising you on what action to take....

1 - You could smell gas in the house, had boiler checked out by BG which has cost you £77
      2 - Boiler fine, was a bin that has now gone and no more smell of gas.
      3 - Your Mum paid for the test for you via cheque
      4 - now BG want the money again for the same job?

Sorry I am a little confused on the details Pam.....

Energywatch are the regulatory body, if you want to make a complaint you need to go there see this link - http://www.energywatch.org.uk/
      Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
      For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
      And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

Hi lou
        I should have started another thread really.

I go from the top.

BG made an appointment to come and check the boiler... they never turned up and i was fuming.

Rang that day canceled and also sent a letter of complaint canceling and advising how discussed i was.

Closed the job.....( so i thought).

2 weeks later BG removed the £77 from my mums account for the job that never happened. So they continued to process her DD ( 1 payment) even though they had been told in writing and on the phone the job was canceled.

(I smelt gas or so i thought but sure now was plumbs gone moldy in bin , gas smell no longer an issue)

I ring BG due to this removal of mums money.... luckily we were at the bank the day it went and so it was recalled.

While on the phone to BG i was given great apologies and an offer of next day boiler service. I explained to late i no longer have the funds. lady agrees i can pay 2 weeks later by cheque in post and sends me out an envelope.

Boiler checked next day as promised and i paid as promised in post via cheque.

BG ring me and ask " is it ok to take payment again" i ask what for and why? They say the boiler check.

so now I'm fuming again, why have they still got mums details on their system and they would have been willing fro me to authorize the money to be removed. So i told him no way..

Ive also written and requested removal of mums details, and i would not be surprised if they do take £77 again.

I will also get confirmation from bank that the cheque was cashed.

No way will i ever use BG for anything again!

Phew... lot of words lol

Hope that better
        thanks
        Pammie

Comment

Thats a bit clearer.... are you sure that you havent agreed to have boiler insurance with them or need another kind of check or something. I dont understand why they want to take the money again for the same job....

You need to speak with your Mums bank and make sure the direct debit is cancelled their end and make it clear that British Gas are not to take any money out of that account.

To be honest, if there is a direct debit set up on the account in your mums name then they should have had permission already to take the money from that account, but, if you have already put it in writing that they are no longer allowed to take money from that account they should have cancelled the instruction and therefore the account details should have been deleted and noone there should have access to this information.

Let me know how you get on with this.

X
          Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
          For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
          And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

Hi Lou
            Thanks , no more phone calls, no reply to my letter requesting writing that mums details have been deleted.

The first time they took the £77 we had gone to the bank a week earlier to check the DD was canceled and were told no DD was there??, good job we kept checking apparently as it was a 1 off payment they just issue and take it the same time and this was almost 3 weeks after first cancellation in writing.

I may actually send all the Details to the Trading Standards Office as i think they continued to take the money as a way of getting me round to accepting another appointment.. as the money would of by then already of been in their account! but we got it reversed thankfully the same day.

A sentence when discussing the poor service was along the lines of "well we have the payment now why not let us come out to you" i soon corrected them, " no you don't its being reversed as we speak

will let you know if i hear more.
            Thanks again
            Pam

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X