• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fredrickson International Limited - Debt Collection Agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredrickson International Limited - Debt Collection Agency

Hi Everybody,

For several weeks, usually whilst I'm at work I have been receiving phone calls from Fredrickson International. My Mother usually answers the phone as she's here during the day.

Now, I've had absolutely nothing in writing from them, so don't even know what they're chasing.

When they call, they usually ask for me by first name and surname, although today they tried the old trick of asking for me by my first name so it sounds like a friend calling to fool my Mother.

Today, Mum told the operator that I would not speak to them on the phone and if they had dealings with me then they should write to me. The operator refused and said they had to speak to me first.

This all sounds incredibly fishy to me, exactly like they're trying to fish for my details to pursue something that isn't there? I've never been approached by a DCA in this way before, usually you get at least an introduction letter before the harrassment. I just want to make sure that until they contact me in writing, I have nothing to worry about and that I don't have to talk to them on the phone at all? I am right in thinking that I should only correspond with them in writing?

Cheers everybody,

Mark.
    Mark.

Claims in progress:
    Cahoot - PPI and charges, have agreed to refund PPI and interest! Have put charges on hold..
    AA Loan - Claiming unfair charges, waiting for CCA..
    AA Credit Card - Claiming unfair charges, have offered difference, waiting for CCA..
    Vanquis - Claiming unfair charges, waiting for CCA..

The clock is ticking!

Re: Fredrickson International?

Dead right.
    EVERYTHING in writing ONLY.

As and when they call again simple tell them that you are recording the call and all further communications MUST be in writing for the avoidance of doubt. Also that any further phone calls will result in action being taken under the Protection from Harassment Act.

They wont like this much, but you are perfectly within your rights to say this, even if you aren't recording.

Comment

Good, glad I've got the hang of all this. Thanks for comfirming my thoughts

I shall take great pleasure in telling them that, the woman who spoke to my Mum was a jumped up cow with an answer for everything. The hardest thing is not taking the bait and telling them what you think of them!
      Mark.

Claims in progress:
      Cahoot - PPI and charges, have agreed to refund PPI and interest! Have put charges on hold..
      AA Credit Card - Claiming unfair charges, have offered difference, waiting for CCA..

The clock is ticking!

Comment

Remember to tell them you are recording the call.
        Very important that,

Comment

Ok, thank you, I will do.
          Mark.

Claims in progress:

The clock is ticking!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X